- Personalized ringtones

- Calendar event description hyperlinks and calendar reminder improvements

- Addition of Sprint Connections Optimizer

- Upgrade to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with HTC Sense 4+

- Improved Browser performance

- Face Unlock Improvement

- Application Improvements to YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Maps, and more

- Improved Camera including Auto Portrait and Sightseeing Mode capabilities

- Improved Gallery with ability to display photos and video albums according to when or where taken

- Tap and Go function to connect the phone to select Beats Audio speakers

- HTC Get Started support to allow device set up from a computer

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 3.15.651.16

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. 
- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

190 REPLIES 190
Highlighted
Journeyman

After a big headache, a replacement phone, talking with Sprint and HTC with no solution to the Wifi fix, I finally got it!! I too have a Dlink router, I reset and changed all the credentials and it still didn't work. But I changed my frequency settings on the phone to 2.4 Ghz only, and connected!. I then restarted the phone and now I'm good to go!!

Highlighted
Master

Seems to be a issue with the Dlink Routers. I've connected to several differnet routers at both 2.4 and 5Ghz using the Auto setting and not a problem. I don't have a Dlink router to try but if the Auto setting isn't working, that sounds like maybe the Dlink needs to be updated if it can be.

Has anyone tried that?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Post #145 (partially, see discussion below) solved my proximity sensor issue; I was experiencing the same problem.  The first time I tried clearing the cache partition the problem did not go away.  After the second attempt it worked.  Thinking back on what I did between these two attempts - I did a sim pull (hold down power button till reboot, simulates pulling battery) and I also did a "reboot bootloader" command.  It is under the FASTBOOT option in the same menu where RECOVERY is.  Use the instructions in post #145 to get there.  My guess is that the sim pull is what made the difference.

Here is some more information covering some other discussion points in this thread:

1. I have a screen protector that covers the proximity and light sensor and everything worked fine with ICS.

2. I tried the proximity sensor diagnostic using *#*#DIAG#*#* command and it failed while I was having the problem after installing JB update.  So, failing this diagnostic doesn't necessarily mean your hardware is bad.

3. Once proximity sensor starting working properly after the second cache wipe the proximity sensor diagnostic passes if you are in a room with a decent light level.

However, it does seem that the proximity sensor doesn't work as well as before.  Even using the diagnostic, if the room is a little dark the proximity sensor doesn't pass the diagnostic.  I read some posts about calibrations for the thresholds being different; maybe that is another issue? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add your Wi-Fi problem and troubleshooting to this thread:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/106255

Hopefully we can help Sprint fix this instead of making us do a factory reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I completely gave up with this update. I like some of the improvements but overall the phone does not respond well, seems very sluggish among other things. They definitely need to work this update through some more testing before releasing it. I LOVED this phone before the update. I've gone through 2 factory resets and took it to a repair store where they told me the phone was fine. I refused the phone and they sent me a new one with ice cream on it. Thank God. I have my old phone back. I love it again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same as scrappy0311, "I like some of the improvements but overall the phone does not respond well, seems very sluggish among other things."  For example, the keyboard is sluggish; I notice it the most when typing my password.  I  used to be able to type it quickly.  Now, I have to wait for vibration feedback on each keypress or else it will miss some of the numbers.

I'm wondering if this update was released at this time because so many people were clamoring for it.  Maybe an update from Sprint or HTC stating that they are still working out the final details and it's coming out soon would have been better.

Does anyone know if I go to a Sprint store if they can flash it back to ICS?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally got WiFi working again, after the update it would connect and I could get to the setup screen for my router, but couldn't get to the internet with any WiFi source.

I went into WiFi - Menu - Advanced, and turned off DLNA, now it works normal again

Highlighted
Journeyman

The store I went to said they could not put it back to the old software. The only thing they could do was try and diagnose it, in which I knew they would tell me it was fine and they did, so now HTC was not going to cover a replacement. But I know a little trick. I asked them if I could get the phone to malfunction if they would get me a new phone and they said yes. So without them seeing what I was doing I went into the keyboard options and in to calibration. Go through the calibration procedure then go into something like text message to bring up the keyboard it should come up as half a keyboard. They had no choice to take it back. Now I have a brand new phone with the old software and I am very happy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If anyone is still having issues with Wi-Fi, where turning off/toggling DLNA did not work, I found a different procedure that worked for me.

Procedure on Evo:

1. Settings>Wi-Fi>Menu>Advanced>Wi-Fi frequency band>2.4Ghz only
  2. Turn off Wi-Fi
  3. Turn Wi-Fi back on

Aparently a number of people have issues with the Dlink DIR-615. Head on over to my thread to aggregate Wi-Fi issues: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/106255?tstart=0

...And I just realized that DroidMANNN figured this out a few posts back. Oh well, I have the exact directions for those less tech savvy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I don't think this would have anything to do with the new update but since the update, I've had a weird issue where my phone will act like the home button is being repeatedly pushed, even when it's not.  So I can be on the web, or an app or whatever, and then all of a sudden my phone will do the little vibrate and then put me back on the home screen.  Then once it's back it will toggle between the home screen and the 5-view or whatever like I was just going crazy pushing the home key, it's really messed up.

Anyone ever seen this?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Eric, if your screen is clean, and you reasonably believe that the screen is in good order then you may want to clear cache, and or data for apps related to sense, or widgets that you use, if this does not help you may want to consider backing up your data and completing a factory restore ( A factory restore will erase all data stored in your phone ). In either case of the problem persists, and you know how to duplicate it the service & repair center can check the phone, and report problems to the developers. Thank you.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a follow up, I took into the local sprint, and it turns out the touch screen was defective so I got a replacement phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat