cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/13 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1.1 Jellybean - 3.15.651.16

190 REPLIES
Master

Re: 12/13 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1.1 Jellybean - 3.15.651.16

See if todays update has any affect on the issues your having. There are several fixes within it. Don't be fooled by the changelog which wasn't updated from the original JB update.

Journeyman

Re: 12/13 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1.1 Jellybean - 3.15.651.16

"Best thing you can do is report any issues you come across. I've reported probably over a dozen various issues ranging from new issues introduced with this update and old issue that have existed since the phone came out.

You can do the same here,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support"

Yeah...so now we can be ignored from two different companies instead of just one.  I've already been trying to get these issues addressed with HTC reps....and get ZERO answers or replies from them. 

Guess it is Galaxy time.

Master

Best thing you can do is report any issues you come across. I've reported probably over a dozen various issues ranging from new issues introduced with this update and old issue that have existed since the phone came out.

You can do the same here,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support

Journeyman

ok now you guys are starting to scare me

cause i have not updated to jelly bean just yet

cause i use apps that require flash and jelly bean is not flash friendly

but if i was able to think and say hmm i want jelly bean

my first thing i would do IS FACTORY RESET MY PHONE

key word being a full reset is needed when updating this new firmware

your phone is clogged with what ever crap it has on it now so overlapping your old crap with what ever HTC new crap has to offer

well some of your old to new crap wont work

now there is no way to go back to what ever crap you had unless you reset your phone back to its original state and go to the HTC website and download the prior update before the website changes it

or if anything stop making complaints here and call HTC direct (which is what i suggest cause they will call you back from the HTC research and dev division) to see how they can better assist you

this happen to me alrdy and they assure me that when i update to jelly bean they would work with me to insure all the bugs get fixed

so tell me what are yall doing here when HTC is willing to hear you cry over there....

Journeyman

Ok. I've found that when my phone was updated the battery life immediatly tanked. It took me some time to determine that one of the reasons was that it turned the LTE radio back on after I had turned it off (no LTE in my area so why waste the energy to power the LTE radio?) With it turned back off my battery life improved though not back to before the update. I keep it plugged in at every opportunity now and I will NEVER buy another phone that has a non removable battery. My other 4 lines can upgrade in Feb and they will most likely switch to Samsung after our experiances with the HTC EVO line for the last few years. My brother is stationed in Japan and he alerted me to the fact that in Asia (more than just Japan) the camera click sound can not be disabled to ensure that the people being photographed know it. He said there it is to stop pererts from using their phone cameras to take pictures up ladies skirts. I don't know how true that is or not but it kind of makes sence. I used to have the click turned off. Now I can't but that issue isn't a deal breaker for me. (I'm much more irrtated by the lack of the date on the picutre feature when it comes to the camera) Since the update when I make calls the screen goes dark. I did find a setting to change it so that when the calls are not ended when the power button is pressed since pressing the power button when the screen goes dark is the only way to get the screen to come back on. I found no setting to change it so that the screen stays on during calls unless you tell it to turn off or hold it up to your head. I do not like making a call that requires me to enter info via the keypad only to have the screen go dark! I liked this phone for the most part until the update. Now I dream of getting a Samsung phone with the rest of my family when they can update in Feb. Alas I am stuck with this hunk of irritating junk now for over another year. I'm going to start whining at the stores in person as well as calling customer service repeatedly about this issue. I use the phone less and less for calls now becuase it's near impossible to use it for calls! This "update" needs fixed!

Journeyman

First, I'll start by saying that I am a dyed in the wool fan of HTC EVO phones.  I thought the origianl EVO was pert near perfect (except for the battery life).  Then I upgraded to the EVO LTE, and as far as I was concerned that phone was perfect.  Perfect in every way.  The battery life was super good compared to the original EVO and it seemed to do every task better and faster than ever before.  I was so happy with that phone I can honestly say that I was totally and completely satisfied with it.  My book: it was 100 percent perfect -- for me anyway.

And then came this update.  And that changed everything.

Nothing about this phone with the Jellybean update is satisfactory.  In fact, there are so many issues with the phone now that I should have made a list before I began writing this complaint simply because I am certain that I will end up leaving some of them out.  The Jellybean update has turned my phone's brain into a bowl of jellybeans.

The problems began immediately after the update.  One of the first signs of trouble came when I noticed that I could open some emails in my sent folder, but not all of them.  Nevertheless, when I go to any computer I can open those emails easily.  They just won't open on my phone--at least not anymore.  Weird huh?

The next thing is that there is no longer a voice feature on Google maps.  This makes it dangerous to enter a destination while driving.  I used to simply open the map application and speak in the destination.  Now, I have to go to Navagation to do the same thing.

The battery life has been shortened dramatically.  I charged my phone all night as always.  I woke up around 3:30 AM and took it off the charger.  It has been sitting idly by as I've search the web researching all of these issues on my laptop.  It's now 8:57 AM and I picked up my phone to make the first call of the day and found the battery has already dropped to 50%.  It's only been on for about 5-1/2 hours and idle at that.  Wow.  HTC, what have you done?  I'd fire the entire development team for pushing out this update before it was truly ready.  Ice cream sandwich was fine.

Other things I've noticed are the keyboard has been changed, both the layout and the size of the keys.  This makes it super awkward to type -- especially since I've loved my LTE for so long and am so accustomed to typing on it that I could almost do it blindfolded.  Well, not anymore.  In fact, I cannot even find a semi-colon key at all anymore. 

Also, the voice dialer button is gone and Google Voice does not work as well.  Use to I could call my wife at work by speaking, "Call Sharon Coleman at work."  Not anymore, it will call her cell no matter what I say at the end.  Some folks that I have voice dialed for ages cannot be reached that way at all anymore.  The phone simply says "No Contact Found", or it will stupidly launch their name onto the web search and turn up dozens of matches online.  Stupid.  Absolutely stupid. 

I have been and Android fan from day one always swearing I would never have an iPhone.  What now?  Am I going to have to defect to Apple just to get something that works and works reliably.  I certianly hope not. 

Come on Sprint.  Come on HTC.  I want my EVO LTE back.  Please.  It has been the most awesome phone I have ever owned.  Please fix this.  Please.  Or are you so filled with greed that you pushed this update out to intentionally ruin my LTE experience so that I will be forced to buy your latest flagship phone as it rolls out this year?

Someone please help.  We are left helplessly holding the bag.  I just want an awesome phone that pretty much does everything and does it well and reliably.  The associates at Sprint are powerless too.  They can offer to reset your device or replace it.  However, neither option will lead to the outcome that we all want.  There is nothing wrong with the hardware and resetting it will not only clear it and cause us to have to start all over installing all our apps and configuring the phone just like a new one, but IT WILL NOT remove this bastardize update to the firmware.

Like I said.  I T-totally loved this phone.  It was the best phone I have ever had.  I just want it back.  My livelihood depends on it.  Please Sprint, please HTC.....you've got to fix this.

I want my EVO.

DC

Master

Your concerns are being addressed in the thread you started with the same post.

Journeyman

Once the new update i have experienced a couple problems has anyone else ???

1. after taking a screen shot and i try to send as a message the screen shot gets all blurry and you can see it through the message but in my album is it perfect.

2. Random force close on several apps.

3. takes pictures by its self

3. How to get rid of the sound when taking a picture.

4. alot slower then before

5. Navi and google maps not working properly

HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the Evo but please fix the problems

Journeyman

So update looks very good but somehow my camera is not working. Is anyone experiencing the same?

Journeyman

I'm having all the same problems with my phone as Grifter723 lists. The black screen immediatly after call is accepted has caused me to hang up on my employeer more than once as I am used to entering in my work schedule into my calender when they call. If I'm not at home but I am using wifi I used to be able to do this without a problem! My phone's battery life is noticeably shorter and I've noticed conflicts with multiple apps if I used the useless "power save" feature. Is there going to be a fix it update for this horrible update or is there a way to roll back to before the update? Without being able to remove the battery I do not need a shorter battery life! HELP!