ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE on Samsung S4 still horrible in 94539 and 94587

Journeyman

4G LTE on Samsung S4 still horrible in 94539 and 94587

I've checked the coverage maps for my home (94539 cross street Mardis & Gable) and should have strong 4G LTE.  I only get it if I'm outside and it is spotty and constantly switches back to 3G.  If I'm in my house, it is 3G 99% of the time.

At work, (94587 cross street Ahern & Volpey) there is a large dead spot that we can't even get a signal.  Only 3G in the building as well.  Calls drop a lot down Volpey and onto Ahern.  Also get error saying Mobile Network is not available.

How can you send a text saying over the next month the new network will be largely completed in my area?  I've called many times for work and personal phones and never get resolution.  All phones are updated software, firmware and network.

p.s.  Just tried to get online at work and error 'request failed network error:  the internet connection appears to be offline'.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: 4G LTE on Samsung S4 still horrible in 94539 and 94587

MamileyWHCI,

Thank you for the post.  

The specific tower serving Mardis & Gable in 94539 is 0.3 miles away and does not have 4G components installed as of yet.  If you head West towards Interstate 880, you should notice a strong 4G/LTE signal because those towers in that vicinity have 4G/LTE transmitting.

The Ahern & Volpey location in 94587 has two towers that are 0.7 miles away.  The tower that is 0.7 miles away to the East is 4G capable and the tower that is configured to serve the location is 0.7 miles away to the northwest and does not have 4G components installed yet.  You will notice that the 4G signal will gain strength as you head East towards 880.

Both locations that you have provided are just on the outskirts of the coverage range of 4G enabled towers.  When the towers that handle these areas are updated with the newer transmission equipment (which they are scheduled for) you will notice that the 4G icon on your phone will be on much more consistently.  

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Here we are another 4 months after my post and I still don't have 4G LTE on my phone that you sold me last April.  Why do your coverage maps say as of 6/3/14 that I should have the BEST SPARK data which converts to the BEST 4G LTE data.  You are overcharging customers for a service that you can't not provide.  It is exasperating!  I've added 11 more iPads to my business account and they are ALL with VERIZON because they actually provide 4G LTE coverage!  Why do I have to pay for internet in my house to get wi-fi to surf the net?  My 4G device worked beautifully on the 4G but the camera/design of the HTC EVO had flaws and garbled photos. 

Master

MamileyWHCI,

Hey there. Are you still at the Mardis & Gable and Ahern & Volpey cross streets? We can check on the 4g LTE for those areas.

SarahG

Social care
Journeyman

I am ~850 ft from the Sprint tower in my neighborhood.  For two months, 4G ranged u to 2000 ft at most.  Then the range was decreased to 800 ft for two months (i.e. out of range by one house).  Two months ago, 4G was re-enabled for up to 2000 ft, definitely not more.  So less they can crank up the power, 4G LTE is good for 4000 ft diameter circle.  Today, I discovered four new 4G "hotspots" to the NW.  Each would stay 4G for perhaps a half mile or so, but not one mile.   To be effective, each 4G LTE tower must be configured for range of 1-1.5 miles.   The 3G coverage is there as backup, but bandwidth has dropped to the very lower end of the range of 0.2-1.5 mpbs, when less the speed tester literally fails (or cannot bring up the simple web page)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat