ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE won't work on 4G?

Master

Re: 4G LTE won't work on 4G?

There's a rumor that the first round of LTE will be activated in July.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Dear Sprint,

The WiMax/LTE switch and the way you are handling it make me the customer feel like you are trying to scam use.  Like this is one big push to try and make the customer buy new phones.  I am not all that tec savy but I would think it wouldn't be that hard for sprint to make their phones work on both wimax and lte.

I have been with sprint since 2002 and I have never been so ready to jump ship.  If it wasn't for the unlimited everything plan I would have left for another provider. Creating and keeping that plan is the only thing Sprint has  done right lately.  I don't want to have to worry about how many minutes or how much data I have used.  So please do not change that sprint. 

Sprint I have a few requests that would make me one happy sprint customer.  Sprint please expand your 4g network.  I had the evo 4g and then the evo shift since their release date in hopes to utilize the 4g here in albany NY .  I assumed it wouldnt be too much longer before sprint would have their 4g network here since every other provider (at&t, verizon, t-mobile) has 4g and has for a long time here in Albany NY area.  One last request roll out your new phones to run on both WiMax and LTE and create an update for current 4g WiMax phones to utilize LTE. Do the right thing here . If you do the right thing you will keep current customers and bring in new ones. 

Sincerly,

Nick

GrandMaster

isnt really much of a point to roll out phones that will cover both wimax and LTE since they will be shutting down the wimax side somewhere in 2015.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I know from a Sprint perspective it doesn't make sense, but isn't Clearwire (or whatever there name is) supposed to continue on with upgrades and WiMax in general?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

The problem with building a device that works with both WiMax and LTE is that it requires a device with both hardware for LTE and hardware for Wimax  and and extra transmitter for the 2.5 ghz band .   The space inside of the case is limited adding the exta hardware is not easy.  Some areas already have both LTE and WiMax service available.  At this time Sprint has only committed to maintaining Wimax until 2015

GrandMaster

from everything that i have heard and read theyre continuing to build out wimax...but it isnt for the sprint side of things..if im remembering right its something for their side of things..not sure exaclty what they have up their sleeves though..possibly linking up wtih companies like metro and straight talk ?

smotrs wrote:

I know from a Sprint perspective it doesn't make sense, but isn't Clearwire (or whatever there name is) supposed to continue on with upgrades and WiMax in general?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Correct, they have several devices that work with both WiMax, LTE and 3G. What happens down the road, don't know. How that will play out for existing WiMax phones like the OEVO, don't know. At some point I believe they will be disconnected, but not sure how far down that road that is. In any case, shouldn't have any affect on Sprint customers at that time as everything will be LTE.

--

GrandMaster

not long after that 2015 marker would be my guess...if sprint isnt paying for it anymore i dont see clear keeping it running for the die hard sprint customers that have yet to switch up to the LTE side of things  lol

smotrs wrote:

Correct, they have several devices that work with both WiMax, LTE and 3G. What happens down the road, don't know. How that will play out for existing WiMax phones like the OEVO, don't know. At some point I believe they will be disconnected, but not sure how far down that road that is. In any case, shouldn't have any affect on Sprint customers at that time as everything will be LTE.

Master

I knew there was a deadline, but couldn't remember it. Thanks for that. 

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat