cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g lte signal on the evo 4g lte

GrandMaster

Re: 4g lte signal on the evo 4g lte

correct...some also have had a bit of luck either switching back to CDMA only and then back to CDMA/LTE..or flopping back and forth with airplane mode..for some they finally link up with LTE and hold it..some wont hold it for long..others no difference..but at least its something to attempt.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

add to this updating their PRL just in case

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I can confirm that the EVO has a radio problem. I have owned the new Evo since July, and have very rarely seen 4G service here in Houston. I live between two confirmed lte towers in 77507 both within a mile of me. My Evo would consistently drop calls and data speeds no faster than 300kbps. Sad because the phone is killer and I love the features!

Sick of it all, I got an iPhone 5 with my upgrade eligibility three days ago. The iPhone has been on LTE since I got it. Home and everywhere else. Call quality improved and data speeds between 5-30Mbps CONSISTENTLY. Hopefully there will be an update soon so I can switch back to my Evo. I much prefer it, but the service blows.

Journeyman

What I'd really like to know is why on my bill does my daughter's S3 have 4G data readings and my EVO 4G LTE does not?  LTE is not available in my area yet (very frustrating data rates for another thread).  Is she able to use the old existing 4G in my area?

GrandMaster

not the first time the SIII has picked up a signal were the LTEVO has not..have you checked to make sure your phone is set to CDMA/LTE? or is it on CDMA only?

Master

Yeah, I've seen more and more reports of that with LTE and the SGIII compared to the LTEVO.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

My wife and I have experienced the same LTE signal issue as you.  We upgraded 3 of our 4 lines on April 1st.  My wife and I got the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and my oldest daughter got the iPhone 5.  Quite often, my daughter's iPhone is on LTE, and our HTC phones are on 3G.  I tried to return mine on April 15th, but the assistant manager told me that I would had to have brought it back by the previous day.  Ridiculous!  Especially, since our phones weren't activated until after the store closed on the 1st.  I used my younger daughter's upgrade to get the HTC to use until I could use my upgrade to get the Samsung Galaxy S4, which I did on April 28th and have been using it instead of the HTC ever since.  Just like with the iPhone, the Samsung shows 4G while my wife's HTC shows 3G.  I tried calling Sprint, and they wouldn't help me...They just said the store would have to be willing to break the 14-day exchange policy.  A representative on here, crush_13, was willing to exchange it for another HTC EVO 4G LTE for a $50 restocking fee.  That is not an option since all of the HTC EVO 4G LTE phones have this issue.  I will continue to pursue this issue until my phones are exchanged for ones that work.  Luckily, I have an uncle who is an attorney and his entire law office at my disposal.  After calling HTC this evening, I am going to contact my uncle to get legal action started, stand outside the Sprint store, make sure all of my family and friends (which are quite a few) thinking of switching to Sprint -- now that LTE is where I live and work and in-between -- not to switch...and they won't, etc.  Shame of HTC and Sprint for even releasing this phone and then not pulling it off the shelves once they were informed of the issue!

Journeyman

You mentioned, "It has been well documented in various places that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has problem adquiring LTE signal.  There seems to be a hardware and or software issue that makes the phone always switch back to 3G signal as it is the stronger signal.  There have been many reports of people having S3 and EVOs side by side, and the S3 will always get the 4G signal and hold it, while the EVO won't even connect to 4G." Can you post the documentation that you are aware of (e.g., websites, etc.)?  I am building my case, and I would like to make sure that I have everything you have. This is a real shame that HTC and Sprint even released this device.  On top of that, it's an even bigger shame that they didn't pull it off the shelves when they were made aware of the LTE signal issue. Thanks in advance!