cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g lte signal on the evo 4g lte

Journeyman

4g lte signal on the evo 4g lte

Why my evo 4g lte cant get 4g signals in my house while my wife galaxy s 3 can do someone know why

17 REPLIES
Master

Re: 4g lte signal on the evo 4g lte

Can you pick up 4G LTE signals anywhere?  If not have you checked the network mode  under settings>wireless and networks> mobile networks>   To see if it is set to cdma/lte

Journeyman

its on lte i just cant get it in my house but she can i dont know if something wrong with my antena

Master

Are the bars of service different on her phone compared to yours.  Her phone may be pulling in from a tower you are not connecting to.   Have you tried power cycling your phone at home to see if it will pick up LTE

Journeyman

how do you do thatk?

Master

Remove the battery from the device for 30 seconds replace and turn the phone back on.

Journeyman

the evo 4g lte battery cant be removed

Master

Sorry for some reason thought you had the S3  on your device hold the power button for 10 sec  should get a screen prompt to turn the phone off

Journeyman

2 things come to mind. First is your asking why an HTC device isnt revieving as well as a Samsung device. Design, build, antennas, modems. Its like asking why a ford gets better gas mileage then a dodge.. For the record i have no clue. LOL

I do know the EVO LTE scan timer is set to 30 minutes. I also know GS3 has had more tweaks to its LTE / CDMA radios.

Realistically if you wanted to compare them use the same devices on the same netowrk. Find another EVO LTE owner and then do side by side location comparisons.

IF someone elses EVO LTE fails in your home then you know its a manufacturing / software issue. My other guess is your on the fringe of LTE coverage in the home and the GS3 simply picks up those signals better and the EVO LTE wont.

Journeyman

It has been well documented in various places that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has problem adquiring LTE signal.  There seems to be a hardware and or software issue that makes the phone always switch back to 3G signal as it is the stronger signal.  There have been many reports of people having S3 and EVOs side by side, and the S3 will always get the 4G signal and hold it, while the EVO won't even connect to 4G.

It is one of the isssues (critical issue) that the EVOs are having now.  Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update.  Otherwise, you can try to push Sprint to see if they are willing to swap it out for an S3 if no fix is/will be availble for the EVO.

GrandMaster

correct...some also have had a bit of luck either switching back to CDMA only and then back to CDMA/LTE..or flopping back and forth with airplane mode..for some they finally link up with LTE and hold it..some wont hold it for long..others no difference..but at least its something to attempt.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

add to this updating their PRL just in case

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!