cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 GB MicroSD Card

Journeyman

64 GB MicroSD Card

I plan on using the new EVO 4G LTE as my new iPod-replacement device. I see everywhere that the phone supports 'up to 32GB MicroSD'. Is that perhaps because the 64 GB are so new and there is has been no official testing of these cards? Or, is it because it's simply not supported? I would really like 64GB + 16GB capacity.

Either way, I may wait until I see someone having (or not having) success in trying this before ordering from Amazon. The prices for 64GB MircoSD have gotten to reasonable levels.

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: 64 GB MicroSD Card

From everything I've seen so far it's been a testing issue, hopefully we can find some more answers like this out within the next couple of weeks.

Wizard

yes you can use a 64 gb card in the 4g lte. ive used one in the evo 3d with no issues. ive one already in the box waiting for the lte...

GrandMaster

what class is it by the way?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

its classed as a 6, however this number is not critical with mobile handsets.

GrandMaster

if i remember right anything above a class 6 in a phone doesnt really do anything since the higher classes are more for cameras and such anyways. i do know that once i switched over to my class 4 the majority of the things on my sd card load quicker than my prior sd card. same things on the new card as the old card. so dunno.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it will work.  I ordered a Sandisk from BB two weeks ago in preparation for my EVO LTE.  It's been working like my 32 GB...  No problems at all.  You just have to format it first.  After formatting, you will have a little over 59 GB available.

Journeyman

What device have you been running your 64 GB card on?

Journeyman

I've been running it on my OG EVO that I've had for 2 years.

Journeyman

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005V7WIA2/ref=sc_pgp__m_A2NDNAPHQ3UDKH_2?ie=UTF8&m=A2NDNAPHQ3UDKH&...

$73.74 shipped... can't wait to have almost 80gigs of space on a new phone plus don't we get like 25gb of cloud space? I have a box account with 50gb of space as well... woo!

Journeyman

Can the New Evo really handle a 64gig momery card? Every review I've seen has said up to 32gig, That would be very cool, although I bought a sandisk mobile ultra 32gig, which hope is a enough memory for me.

Wizard

the dropbox 25gb service is two years free.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat