cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/11 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 1.22.651.3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/11 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 1.22.651.3

Also getting a lot more android system usage than before.  Used to read 5% of battery consumption at the end of the day, now it is saying 19%

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this the update that breaks the universal google search? Either way, think I'll stay away from this one until it's worked out

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update is stable on my phone everything works fine wallet works now, some seem to always have or look for problems...

Highlighted
Journeyman

YES!!! And a few other things too. See my earlier post. Very annoying. I wish I could go back.

I updated my EVO yesterday and now I have noticed a few things that did NOT happen prior to the upgrade.

1) Battery life has DECREASED not increased.

2) Phone now gets HOT more so than before during minor use.

3) Still having issues with WiFi connectivity. (ie: FB and G-Play apps switching between WiFi and cell signals when in and out of WiFi range)

4) Light sensor issue. (ie: screen not coming on while talking and you pull the phone away from your face to see the screen.

Anyone having similar issues???

Highlighted
Master

No, does not appear to be the "Security Update" that disables universal search. It still works on my device.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not found any other issues, hoping that battery thing resolves itself, was loving the battery life before.

Highlighted
Master

I noticed the same thing which I reported in one of the the bugs I wrote about yesterday. Hate to say it, but you may have to perform a Hard Reset to stop the battery drain. Now my battery usage appears the same or better then it did previously, and I was one of the people claiming over 24+ hours between charges. I fully charged it last night before bed, approximately 10pm, I still have more then 80% battery. Mind you, I haven't downloaded ALL my apps, just been using stock phone, txting, email, wifi, browser, searching, google map, phone, etc.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

See my post above.

--

Highlighted
Master

Same, see my post above.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Damnit, I hate hard reset, takes forever to reset everything up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just do the soft reset not the factory one.You should not have to do that.

Re: How do I hard reset an HTC EVO 4G LTE?

[ Edited ]

You are correct, the HTC EVO 4G LTE does not have a removable battery, because of this, the power button is able to override the operating system.

1. Start with the phone on. Note: The phone can either be locked or unlocked.
  2. Just press and hold the Power button.
  3. Keep holding down the Power button until the screen turns off.
    Note
    : A warning message will popup telling you that the phone will reboot at the end of a 3 second count down. Ignore this message and keep holding the power button.
  4. Press and hold the Volume Down button.
    Note
    : The phone will reboot normally if you do nothing at this point.
  5. Release the Volume Down key when a white screen with three skateboarding Android logos appear on the bottom. The following options will also be displayed:    
    • FASTBOOT
    • RECOVERY
    • FACTORY RESET
    • CLEAR STORAGE
    • SIMLOCK
    • IMAGE CRC
    • SHOW BARCODE
  6. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to FACTORY RESET.
  7. Press the Power key to select the highlighted option.
  8. The phone will reset and reboot.
    Note: There is no confirmation screen. Once factory reset is selected there is no way to go back. This reset will also erase the built-in storage but not the removable memory card.
Journeyman

Damn it I did the update because I wanted the Google Wallet to work and I did not have all those other issues mentioned here. Now I am getting the WiFi disconnect issues. It keeps disconnecting from my WiFi and going to 3G. It does it quick but is annoying. Any ideas why I thought this was a fix but yet I was not experiencing that before. Total fail Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat