cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/11 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 1.22.651.3

Highlighted
Master

Re: 7/11 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 1.22.651.3

I had to perform the Hard Reset the other night. I had everything, and I mena everything backed up and syncing with Google, i.e. Contacts, Calender, Bookmarks, etc.. Images were on SD card, DropBox, etc.. By the time I completed the 8 setup steap after the hardware button hard Reset, everythnig was either downloaded ot the phone or downloading ot the phone. Only thing left to do was reinstall all apps. Compared to previous phones, this was a piece of cake.

I would not shy away from Hard Resetting again on this phone or future phones.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Another method and the one I used,

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down button, and then press the Power button.
  2. When the phone’s display turns on, release the Power and Volume buttons.
    • You'll then see the display you mention.
  3. Use the volume button to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the Power button to confirm. All data on your phone will be deleted.
    • Same warning applies.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm a power user of my phones and I've found that the updates worked as advertised with no issues in performance seen after the upgrade other than the camera does have better color saturation but is no where near as good as advetised.

So where's the beef you ask?  I don't rely on the camera for much other than the occasional shot here and there but am wondering HOW this got by!  In my profession if I let a product out the door before it's prime then I'd be in the unemplyment line for sure. HTC you missed the bus on this one and Sprint you should get a refund on all that camera touting advertising.

To set the record strait the HTC EVO 4G LTE is the best web/phone/camera yet that I've laid hands on and yes I make a living with my phones. (I have 3) 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with you 6850buggypilot.  Disappointed in the hype too about the camera.  Friends Iphones still take better pictures (I hate the iphone!).  Boooo

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't experienced any thing good from this update! Battery time cut in half wifi issue not resolved. Never had any issue with my camera  and now I have a phone that dies quickly and had to run on weak 3G why at this point I would like my money back. I loved my original EVO  damn damn !!

Highlighted
Journeyman

In my case I would have to agree with Tman73. Since the update and the past couple of days to "fiddle around", my battery has been cut in half, no better than with my old EVO 3D. I was soooo happy with my new phone. Thinking I should have waited for the Galaxy S3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now I have a problem after the update. Phone shuts down after being idle. Very difficult to power on after it shuts down. Have to hold the camera and power button to power phone on. Normal power on does not work.

Contacted HTC. Did a factory reset. Hope it corrects the problem. 

Phone shut down again today. Will be taking it to Bestbuy tomorrow for a replacement.

Bestbuy provided me with a replacement LTE in one day.  So far so good.  I will not be downloading the update any time soon.

Journeyman

Guys, after I did the update I too did have issues with the device you can see my rant in a previous post. I went ahead and did a complete factory reset and my issues are gone now. I was havings issues with the WiFi disconnect problem for which I never had an issue before. Battery life is still great I do keep the WiFi on all the time so I can auto sign in to places like MCDonalds and Paneras you know free WiFi hotspots in the area and no issues. If you have issues and need some guidance let me know.

I have a tech blog and a forums also. http://www.tncnewscentral.com/forum

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

What problems are you having with the camera? I was testing one yesterday that seemed to do the job well.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

That is deffinately good advise, to complete a factory restore if having trouble after a system software update. Thank you for offering follow up in your experiences.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just great. I knew I should not have done this update. The phone will no longer connect to my WiFi. I can get the phone to connect to an unsecured signal but not to my secured one. Factory reset did not fix the problem nor did a sim pull. Anybody have an idea about this. This phone was working great before this update and I do not want to have to replace it as I will proably get a refurb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there some way to do an image like you do with hard drive on a computer.  A way to do a factory reset but beable to fully restore all settings and app setups.   Don't want to spend the next four hours restoring all the little nuanced customizations I do to my phone, set individual ringtones, etc if I do a hard reset.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat