cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/11 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 1.22.651.3

Master

Re: 7/11 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 1.22.651.3

Exactly, ICS is 4.0.X and flashplayer will continue to be supported on ICS versions. JellyBean will take advantage of HTML5 which no longer needs FlashPlayer.

For the record as quoted by Adobe,

Adobe wrote:

Note: Flash Player is no longer being updated for new device configurations. Flash Player will not be supported on any Android version beyond Android 4.0.X

4.0.X - Ice Cream Sandwich

4.1.X - Jelly Bean

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The updates are more important than Sprint TV imho.All android devices will not get Flash updates but HTML will be used in most cases.

Master

Just noticed the Samsung Galaxy III is receiving ANOTHER update, what's that, 3 so far since the phone came out?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-rolling-out-another-update-samsung-galaxy-s3

Where's our love?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Maybe it's a better phone and does not need all the after sell fixes ?

Master

Yeah, but it can always be better. 

--

Journeyman

Master

I saw something similar on another site, I'm hopeful that it comes and look forward to seeing if some of the additional issues we have been talking about are addressed. 

--

Journeyman

Looking for some advice on this update, as the OTA showed up today on my 2nd Evo LTE and I'm not sure whether or not I should apply it.  I got the 4G LTE about two months ago, and noticed some of the issues that other people were having early on (WiFi connectivity issues, that annoying time zone thing). With me the WiFi would show as connected, but after a time, it would stop working.  I wouldn't notice because the status bar still showed as connected, but then I would try to connect to Facebook or Twitter or check email or something like that, and it would hang, or say that connectivity was lost.  I'd then have to turn WiFi off and on again to reconnect.  Was doing this a lot.  But I hadn't had any noticeable problems with 3G connectivity.  The OTA came through in early July and I applied it to that phone.  It seemed to help with the WiFi issue, and the time zone thing stopped (for awhile).  About a month went by and I started having problems again.  Similar WiFi issues, and that damned time zone thing started popping up intermittently.  Then sometime late last week the phone just stopped receiving incoming calls and texts.  No noticable issues or error messages.  Things just got real quiet.  I didn't even notice for a few days because outgoing calls/texts were working fine, and data was working okay as well.  Then on Sunday I started getting some data errors (error 97).  I tried updating the PRL and Profile, and started getting more errors (something about VDM crashing or something like that). Did some searching online and discovered that a lot of people who had seen similar issues were not getting inbound calls and texts, and sure enough I found that when I called my Evo it went to voice mail and texts just werent showing up at all. 

Spent about two hours at the Sprint store with two techs who tried two factory resets and still could not get it to receive inbound calls/texts.  So they ended up replacing the phone with a new one. (Thanks guys!)  That's why I'm now on my second Evo LTE.  Here's the question.  Should I apply this OTA or not?  This phone is (not surprisingly) showing some of the same bugs as the first one (the occasional wifi glitch, that stupid time zone thing), but I don't use Wallet, and the camera seems fine, so I'm not sure if it's worth updating now or maybe waiting for another update.  (Are the OTA's cumulative by the way?)  Now that it's been about six weeks since the OTA came out, what are people's long-term experiences with it like? Has anyone else experienced problems similar to what I had with my first phone? I just don't want to end up with another paperweight and have to go through the ordeal of setting up everything yet again. (If this one dies too, I'm switching to the Galaxy S III, sorry HTC.)  I loved my old Evo 4G, but so far I'm not exactly brimming with confidence about this device.  But really I'm looking for people's overall impressions of the OTA, now that they've lived with it for awhile.  Thanks!

Journeyman

I had the same problems with my first EVO LTE.  It was replaced with a new EVO and I was reluctant to download the OTA update for a second time.  I took a chance and installed the update and I have not had a problem. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the updates no problem for me but I have not had any problems with my phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat