cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/29: HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

Master

8/29: HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Browser no longer randomly closes from bookmarks

- Bluetooth fix (minor)

- Latest Version of Google Wallet

- Latest Version of Visual Voicemail

- LTE Scanning Improvement

Rate your HTC EVO 4G LTE

More information about your device in Support

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

- Released in stages.  If your device doesn't receive the update on the first day, please be patient and

check back later.
- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Updates  for install instructions

118 REPLIES 118
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 8/29: HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

Hmmmm, "LTE Scanning Improvement".  Would this help this the terrible 3G?  Even if we have LTE turned off?  If not, this update does not seem to address the two major issues I have seen discussed on this board:

1) Terrible 3g

2) Constant sense resets

Master

I'm performing a hard reset, but what's missing that I have seen immediately,

• Quick Access menu wasn't added.
  • Camera button still does not activate Auto Focus.
  • Car Dock app does not allow removal/adding of default apps.
  • Pictures still appear fuzzy.
  • Productivity Lock screen still requires you to press Back Button multiple times to exit Messaging app.

Oh, but we did get the ability to modify the Recent Apps button to also function as a Menu Button.

Settings > Display, Gestures & Buttons > Recent Apps Button

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Just installed it going out to see if 3G is better?

Journeyman

I just installed the HTC update 2 hours ago.  I have confirmed improved 3G signal strength and stability using the "OpenSignal" app.  I would say I would post the data but I do not have the exact baseline numbers to compare it to.  Whatever improvements they made for 4G stability also affected 3G stability/reception as well.  FYI...prior to this update, I had horrible 3G reception.  And yes I performed all steps outlined by others to try to fix the problem.  My guess is that HTC did make 3G improvements to the code that they are not telling anyone, for whatever reason.  Anyway, I now have recpetion inside my work.  Thank you HTC.

Update: Better 3G reception in LTE/CDMA mode, and gone is the jumping between towers issue!

Master

Buddy of mine who has been having connectivity problems is downloading it now as well. Curious to see if it fixes his issues.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Do you have LTE on where you live ?I don't so 4G means nothing all I have is 3G some sites come up faster but streaming music is still not that good for me.Unless you have LTE use CDMA mode only annyway.

Master

No, no LTE in my area yet. Were part of the San Beranardino rollout which won't happen until sometime next year.

--

Journeyman

I do not have LTE in my area.  I totally agree that "in theory" CDMA should be the proper choice.  However, the raw data does not support this.  I have roughly 10 to 20% signal strength increase when I leave it in LTE/CDMA mode.

Been streaming SIriusXM for two hrs now with no interrrupts on a 42% signal strength.

Journeyman

I got the CMDA "theory" from the setup recommendation's from Sprint when the phone came out.You only have 3G like I have in Vegas if I'm in a good area streaming works but in some forget it.How are you measuring the signal strength ?

Journeyman

I read online that this update was supposed to include the "Quick Settings" in the pull down notification area. I don't have it.. Anyone else?

Master

My guess, he's using OpenSignal.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat