cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/29: HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 8/29: HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update 2.13.651.1 (MR2)

Since this update I have noticed an issue where sometimes when comming off roaming, if you try to use any network app the phone still thinks it is roaming and won't let you do anything.  I have data under raoming disabled, don't wan't the charges..  Waiting several minutes or restarting the phone will clear it.  Frankly Sprint coverage here in Connecticut is pretty poor, but it was better than all the others at my house (2 bars vs 1 or less), so I the phone switches between roaming and the Sprint network often.

Master

May want to look into an Airave. Contact Customr Service and ask them. Explain the network coverage and see what they say.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

If you have roaming off why is it coming off roaming?Set the phone to Sprint only not Automatic and see if that helps.An Airave just might be the thing.

Journeyman

Any idea when this new update will be availabe? The browser closing randomly is very aggrevating

Journeyman

Using the stock one ?Never had that problem try Chrome and see if it does the same.

Journeyman

Yes using the stock one. I downloaded Opera browser and it seems to be working fine. Never the less, these are issues HTC needs to fix. I am also have the ringtone issue. This makes me really hesitant to install updates. The next update may fix one thing, but then screw up four or five more.

Journeyman

It is most likely a program that jacks up the phone I use the stock one .Opera for me is the most unstable of all the browsers that is why I mentioned Chrome.I hope we get the Jelly bean update soon wish you could uninstall updates and install them again.

Master

Figure typically 4-6 weeks between updates for a new device.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

After the last update Handcent has issues caused by FB app. I switched back to the stock messaging app, no issued. The FB app is starting to cause many issues.

Journeyman

My phone has become extremely laggy. My text messages take more than 5 seconds to load. Often times when I click the home botton, I have to wait for my home screen to load. I didn't have any of those problems until the update. Also, the 3G is awful on this phone.

Journeyman

Mine seems to b fine except for contact ringtones. I do clear cache often, have text messages start to auto delete at 75 and I do delete threads so they r not taking up so much storage space. Everything on/in your phone is taking up space somewhere. It's getting hard to troubleshoot as so many users have dozens if apps and sometimes the issue is within an app. As for 3G what city r u in? What is your network mode set to; CDMA or LTE/CDMA? Also now that there are browser tabs u may have browser cache/history from many tabs.

Journeyman

I delete my threads at the end of everyday. I hadn't delelted my cache, so I did, but nothing changed. I haven't downloaded any new apps since the update. I live in the Metro Atlanta area. I get 4G in my bedroom and in spots in Atlanta, but everywhere else, I get 3G. My networkis set on LTE/CDMA.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat