cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A formal request for an OFFICIAL statement from Sprint

Journeyman

A formal request for an OFFICIAL statement from Sprint

I know this won't get us anywhere, but I thought I'd put this out there, and on record.

I think it's time for a statement that says something other than "we're having issues, we're working it out." Even if there's nothing concrete, but a "here's our plan," or a "here's what we know at 3:20 MST", I'd be thrilled.

All we're getting now is rumors, and it's making it worse for everybody. We've got threads that have turned into people bashing each other because we're all getting stressed out, but none with any real news or civility. An official statement would go a LONG way in fixing that.

So Sprint, I'm asking you, on behalf of the tens of thousands of loyal customers who pre-ordered this phone through you, or a seperate company, can you PLEASE give us an official update?

Fingers crossed...

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: A formal request for an OFFICIAL statement from Sprint

The latest official information posted is available at http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/05/16/htc-evo-4g-lte-u...

Official statements are posted in separate blog posts usually. They may be reposted with links inside discussion threads, but the main statements are given their own space here in the Community.

Journeyman

I understand, and I appreciate the response. I guess I am just hoping that Sprint can let us know where things stand before the weekend. You know, "we hope to have answers by Sunday," or "our goal is to ship on Monday," or "everything is going great, and we'll have some good news for you soon."

Just something new. I know you guys aren't to blame, but the communication from Sprint execs outside of this message board has been pretty disappointing.

I'll just keep my eyes open on that blog page. Thanks.

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

The latest official information posted is available at http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/05/16/htc-evo-4g-lte-u...

Official statements are posted in separate blog posts usually. They may be reposted with links inside discussion threads, but the main statements are given their own space here in the Community.

I understand what Kevin is saying. Obviously Sprint is going to know more than anyone here in the blogs know so really we just want to know, hey what do you guys recommend? Does it look like it will be August? I know you guys don't have an official date but you can make recommendations. One like "it's not looking good so we, Sprint, suggest you please pick another phone if you are needing one in the next week or two", just anything. I personally need a new phone. Yes, I want the EVO more than anything, however, I will move on with life if I have something close. Thanks!

Journeyman

Bump.

C'mon, Sprint. Please drop us an update? A new, official, updated update?

Journeyman

Has Sprint said anything new about this today?

Just because we think we should know about whats going on doesnt mean that Sprint will say anything.

Personally i think they should update information about this daily if not twice a day. The type of people preordering and watching theses boards want information, even if its just acknowledging that they are listening to us.

but thats just me being crazy.

the people that got there orders cancelled propbably didnt even really want it canceled they just wanted to be heard.

Sprint is not your friend. A friend would answer questions and give current inforamtion.

They are a faceless busines that wants you to spend your money with them as quick as they can get you to.

no different then any other company out there.

I'm more surprised now of days when a company actually does things for there customers.

Master

The latest information is available  at this blog http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/05/16/htc-evo-4g-lte-u...  When we have new information we will post it.  We are waiting for news along with every one else

Journeyman

thats from the 16th. even if nothing has changed someone should communicate with all the crazies

Journeyman

if we dont get our phones til july will it still be worth the wait???

i hate apple but if iphone 5 comes out before the evo 4g lte(which is the road we are traveling)

im getting that instead..i dont care if it has a 3 inch screen, no 4g, no sd, nor flash...

hell by the time we get our phones they have a new evo 2...

Journeyman

It appears Sprint has adopted the new world-wide standard in Customer Service when it comes to handling odd-ball problems, outages, or mass product delays:

Say absolutely nothing, pretend the situation doesn't exist, and eventually it will all go away and the nightmare will be over.

You guys aren't waiting for news. You're waiting for Corporate and Legal to decide to give the green light to release it.

I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I know I won't hear any further communication from Sprint on the status of the situation until I get a note stating my order has shipped. I won't even get to hear it through outside channels because Corporate is very unhappy with leaks.

Corporate is unhappy with people trying to at least calm the unhappy customers who are unhappy because Corporate refuses to communicate with the customers.

"And the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'."

Journeyman

Latest update from twitter feed of ISN.

UPDATE: Some of our EVOs have cleared customs, but not entire shipment. Updating blog w/details in the next few minutes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would some not all assuming they all have the same software version.  Again do not get your hopes up until Sprint makes it official or you have a tracking number.  Personally I am wishing for the tracking number.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat