cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental shutdown: can't cancel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Accidental shutdown: can't cancel

I have been accidentally restarting my Evo 4G LTE quite a lot, and it's very annoying.  Here's what's happening to me:

1. I accidentally hold down the top button for what seems to be too long.
  2. The shutdown/airplane mode/restart screen comes on.
  3. I try to go back to normal functioning using the back arrow key on the bottom.
  4. Nothing happens, phone shuts down and I must now boot it.

Is there some way for me to get out of that shutdown/airplane/restart menu without shutting off the phone, restarting or going into airplane mode?

I would be very grateful for the answer --- this happened to me at least four times yesterday, and it's maddening.

I don't know if this is related to the "Evo Keeps Restarting" discussion I have seen elsewhere in this forum.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Should only take about 3 seconds for the option to popup, however, when I first played with it, I could not get it to show up the first couple tries. What I did was count and if I got to 5 seconds, I released the button and let the screen go to sleep. I then woke it back up, unlocked it and repeated the process. After about 4 times, when I got to 3 seconds I felt a brief phone vibration and the menu showed up. I repeated this and again, 3 seconds the menu popped up.

Now it seems to function as expected everytime I attempt it.

Strange, but it worked on mine.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat