cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

In case anyone is wondering, I have yet to hear back from Sprint after one of their reps PM'ed me for more information. I will keep the forum apprised of any updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Sprint was to publicly announce that they are aware of the issue and are legitimately working on a fix(and hopefully an estimated date), then I would feel better about it.

These speeds are not only embarrassing, they are extremely disappointing for current cell phone and data transfer tech.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/ChevyCobb/Screenshot_2012-06-11-13-19-18-2.jpg

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i doubt sprint will have everyone take their phone into a repair store and have a new case added...and i dont think they can boost the reception on it...so im wondering how theyre going to fix this issue if this IS the case. crappy start for a great phone

SIG-ARM wrote:

What I find humorous is that the metal finish around the profile of the phone is partially to blame for the poor signal strength? Didn't the last iPhone experience this same issue where Apple's resolution was to issue free cases in order to decrease signal interference? That incident was the first thing I thought of when seeing photos of the pre-released Evo.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple didn't change the actual case or hardware. They simply shipped out a cheap silicone protective case as a remedy so that a user wouldn't have physical contact with the metal surround.

But I don't notice any signal performance difference with the EVO whether I hold it in my hand or lay it on a table.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your speeds are about on par with other people's 3G speeds with other Sprint phones.  Didn't you check out the iphone section of the forum before switching to a 3G only phone?  The iphone users have been complaining since Nov.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I NEVER had speeds like this with my original EVO.  I always saw 2-3Mbps with 3G in the same location.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

unfortunatley everyone that pre ordered their phone also received a silicone cover since the phones were held up in customs...and the problem still persists. so THAT didnt work. i still think there is some kind of issue with how the phone is switching between towers. from alot that i have read it sounds like alot of the phones out there are trying to stick to a tower instead of  having a smooth tower to tower hand-off.

SIG-ARM wrote:

Apple didn't change the actual case or hardware. They simply shipped out a cheap silicone protective case as a remedy so that a user wouldn't have physical contact with the metal surround.

But I don't notice any signal performance difference with the EVO whether I hold it in my hand or lay it on a table.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

BurnoutZ wrote:

I NEVER had speeds like this with my original EVO.  I always saw 2-3Mbps with 3G in the same location.

I've been getting those kinds of speeds for over a year now with multiple devices.  I ran speed tests throughout the year using my old Samsung Moment, the wifes old HTC Hero, my cousins Evo 3d, the iphone 4S, and Samsung Epic 4G, and the Samsung Epic Touch.  All the phones showed the same slow speeds.  Its kind of posted all over this forum.  If the OG Evo was able to pull faster speeds then maybe switch back to it.  I would just get use to the current speeds as they seem to be the norm.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont think this should be the norm.  Sprint wants people to get used to it, and that shouldn't be the way things are ran there.  Sounds like its a sprint network issue in different areas if it is across so many different phones, but not others.  Not to mention the complete loss of signal or enter roaming when it shouldn't, or wouldn't before.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much for writing this! I had this exact same problem and I thought I was going crazy. I called Sprint and took it into the store and they said nothing was wrong and they had never heard of any reception issues. So unfortunately, since it was getting close to my 14 day return period being over, I had to return the phone and go back to my original HTC EVO 4G. But that verified to me that something is wrong with the new phone.. my old EVO can stream Pandora, browse the internet and stream Netflix in a location where my new HTC EVO 4G LTE wasn't getting data 75% of the time.. So disappointed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My co-worker and I have the HTC EVO 4G LTE he gets wonderful reception fast speeds and no problems with wifi. However with me the phone always tells me im roaming in most of greater los angeles my 3g drops when I'm not "roaming" while im browsing the internet. I'ts becoming a real pain because I've exchanged the phone three times the first two because they had the light leak problem on the bottom of the screen. Best Buy is giving me the turn around even though i bought their Black Tie Protection for the phone. and Sprint wont help becasue i bought the phone from Best Buy. All around HORRIBLE customer service from both Sprint & Best Buy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Salvador.Elizondo wrote:

All around HORRIBLE customer service from both Sprint & Best Buy.

Well, there is a reason why both those companies are in danger of bankruptcy.  I try to stay away from BB if at all possible.  Over priced merchandise with unhelpful employees

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat