cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

GrandMaster

Re: Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

youre right...they should allow everyone to post their personal information in here so EVERYONE can see it..

BurntFig wrote:

dshoem01 wrote:

SIG-ARM,

Sprint is investigating this report and will provide information as it becomes available.  I will follow up with you in a private message to get more info on the problem you're experiencing. 

Thanks!

So now we pick and choose which customers get help?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Posting of personal information in the forums is against the guidelines and will be removed by the moderators. 

Wizard

I'm pretty sure fire was being sarcastic

Cheers,

GrandMaster

sorry des...i was being sarcastic lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Well, you just never knowSmiley Happy!

Master

dshoem01 wrote:

Update 6/13:

So, I followed up on this and was told there were problems with the network towers in the vicinity of the addresses SIG-ARM provided. If you continue to have problems, I would take the device into a Service & Repair center for diagnostic testing.

I also inquired about the reports in other media outlets regarding the device's housing or device cases being the culprit and was told there is no indication of that.  And lastly, here's a statement provided by Sprint's communication group:

Over the past few days, Sprint conducted extensive network testing on HTC EVO 4G LTE in response to a very small number of customer concerns that were brought to our attention regarding the device’s signal strength.  We are confident the device fully meets our specifications, and it is comparable with other existing devices in our portfolio.  Our testing did not find any abnormal behaviors in the manner the device acquires and maintains its signal strength.  We will continue to monitor customer inquiries to ensure the best customer experience.

For those of you who may have missed it, dshoem posted the above update to his earlier post.

Hate to say it, but if that's the case, then the alternative is that Sprint's network is fubar'd for all these users reporting the similar problems. Which doesn't bode well for the network.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

most of you guys should know by now that the majority of my responces have a shot of sarcasm in them..maybe even a small sprinkle worth

dshoem01 wrote:

Well, you just never knowSmiley Happy!

Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

dshoem01 wrote:

Update 6/13:

So, I followed up on this and was told there were problems with the network towers in the vicinity of the addresses SIG-ARM provided. If you continue to have problems, I would take the device into a Service & Repair center for diagnostic testing.

I also inquired about the reports in other media outlets regarding the device's housing or device cases being the culprit and was told there is no indication of that.  And lastly, here's a statement provided by Sprint's communication group:

Over the past few days, Sprint conducted extensive network testing on HTC EVO 4G LTE in response to a very small number of customer concerns that were brought to our attention regarding the device’s signal strength.  We are confident the device fully meets our specifications, and it is comparable with other existing devices in our portfolio.  Our testing did not find any abnormal behaviors in the manner the device acquires and maintains its signal strength.  We will continue to monitor customer inquiries to ensure the best customer experience.

For those of you who may have missed it, dshoem posted the above update to his earlier post.

Hate to say it, but if that's the case, then the alternative is that Sprint's network is fubar'd for all these users reporting the similar problems. Which doesn't bode well for the network.

Well there you have it.  According to Sprint there is absolutely nothing wrong with the phone.  What ever level of service you currently get with the phone is considered "normal" to Sprints standards.  I guess its time to either return it, accept it, or tolerate it.

If there is nothing wrong with the phone then I wouldnt be expecting any fixes in the future.

GrandMaster

her

the only problem though is the people that are having the issues are able to switch back to their old phone and the reception is back to normal. or someone else they know in that exact same area that is also on sprint doesnt have any issues..but the new phone does..

smotrs wrote:

Wizard

I wouldn't say it's the network 'in general'.  I had someone pull the reports for the area SIG-ARM is in and there were mutliple tickets open...all are being worked. You might try posting something over in the Network forums if you have specifics as they are more familiar with how to use the tools to identify outages. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done some limited test with my og evo and evo 4g lte using 'open signal' (which can be found on the market).  Open signal will tell you among other things your signal strength and connection type.  The problem I see is that the phone seems to like 1xRTT over EVDO A, which is a very slow compared to EVDO A.  Comparing my og evo which seems to connect to EVDO A unless it is roaming.  This if from the same location at the same time and connected to the same tower. I also noticed that the signal bars do not represent the same signal strength.  When the evo lte connects using EVDO A it gets  similar speeds to my og evo.  So I not sure what kind of testing they are doing but this is what I am seeing in certain areas.

Master

fireguy_6364 wrote:

her

Oops. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat