cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

I got tired of waiting for Sprint and HTC to acknowlege that the new EVO 4G LTE has signal strength issues (particularly in maintaining 3G reception), so I alerted several media sites about the situation. So far PC World has responded and followed up with Sprint on our behalf. I am hoping that negative publicity will force Sprint to do something instead of claiming ignorance. This is no way to react to customer concerns.

My personal situation involves both me and my wife's EVO LTEs experiencing 100% less signal strength (and sporadic 3G reception) than the original EVO 4G I upgraded from. The various Best Buy and Sprint Corporate retail store reps I spoke with never even heard of signal issues and merely suggested to seek a refund or exchange for another product. Our devices were factory reset and reactivated; updated to the latest PRLs; and configured to CDMA networks only, but nothing has helped. Sprint and HTC need to issue a resolution quickly before customers start seeking refunds within their return policy periods.

Please respond to this thread and let Sprint know that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has signal reception issues they need to address immediately.

Some news coverage links since this forum thread was started:

230 REPLIES 230
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just called customer service and asked them if my phone equipment was upgraded in the system as I am getting bad signal and too many dropped calls.  They said the equipment configuration is correct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I still have the original Evo 4G, and have been contemplating the Evo 4G LTE.

In Chicago, just did speed test on my Wimax Evo 4G:

3G Ping 380ms Download 0.37mbps Upload 0.03mps

4G Ping 84ms Download 4.45mbps Upload 1.65mbs

I use the 4G all the time to tether my iPad and laptop. With all of these issues you are reporting with the Evo 4G LTE, I take it none of you are recommending switching at this time?

Highlighted
Wizard

No way.  DO NOT switch until Chicago is live on LTE. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
GrandMaster

agreed. if you have working 4G and the 4G LTE isnt fully up in your area yet i would hold off until then.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Of course Sprint says there are no issues, but I have a case open with HTC on this which they say this is the first to their knowledge...  What software version is everyone on?  I'm running 1.13.651.1 710RD.  Trying to get more people to make HTC aware of the issue to see if they can fix it, assuming its not a design flaw.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so I just swapped my HTC Evo 4g LTE for the Samsung GS3. Same location at my desk, now I get 10x the 3g speeds(nearly a 1MB) with zero signal loss so far. I was hesitant to do it, but I am so happy I did.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SEAN_MARTIN wrote:

Ok, so I just swapped my HTC Evo 4g LTE for the Samsung GS3. Same location at my desk, now I get 10x the 3g speeds(nearly a 1MB) with zero signal loss so far. I was hesitant to do it, but I am so happy I did.

Thank you so much for the follow up. This will make it easy for me to make my decision about getting it or now. Would like to see a couple more comparison reports come in.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the SIII is having hit and miss signal/reception issues as well with their phones.

Message was edited by: fireguy_6364

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I wonder if you would have had similar results by exchanging your phone for another 4G LTE, some have.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I might have, but after nearly 3 years with the Evo, I'm happy with the S3, it all feels new due to the Samsung ROM instead of having same HTC Sense ROM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sean, what city are you located in? I too am getting almost 1MB with zero signal loss 3G speeds as well in Houston - with my EVO 4G LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Conway, AR. 20 miles north of Little Rock, AR.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat