cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

Journeyman

Re: Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

I'm in San Diego.  Finally got a confirmation from HTC that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.  Not ETA at this time though...

Wizard

I wasn't about to read through all these pages but THIS SIGNAL problem was known about BEFORE the phone even launched.

Also you got a big head for nothing .The links you posted are artical's about this issue BEFORE you made this thread.

It helps to do research before buying then you wouldn't have wasted an afternoon whining PC World (like anyone reads that one) about your signal issues.

SIG-ARM wrote:

Please respond to this thread and let Sprint know that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has signal reception issues they need to address immediately.

Some news coverage links since this forum thread was started:

Journeyman

Wow, someone recently got kicked out of their mom's basement, huh?

So I mislabled my header for the news coverage links -- BFD. The fact of the matter I first contacted various tech sites on June 6th and waited a few days after the journalists to get back to me before posting about on this forum. Feel free to contact Ginny Mies @ PCWorld to verify -- I'll even forward the original email communication if you'd like. And what great literary accomplishments have you achieved to slam on PCWorld besides your blog analysis on why Twilight is infinitely better than Harry Potter? They picked up my story which helped enable other webzines and blogs to spread coverage about.

Wizard

The whole point is the One X line (includes EVO) has had the signal issues known about since late April early May. HTC stated then that they were working on the problem so as I stated before if you had done the research before buying you would have known about these issues of 3G and WIFI signal problems.

But now you are all butt hurt because you didn't make a wise purchase.

Wizard

Are you really trying to blame the customer because Sprint and HTC sold a phone to Sprint customers even though other versions were known to have these issues?  Surely you understand, most people don't search the Internet before they make a purchase.  It may be the prudent thing to do but realistically only a small percentage of people actually do so.  Besides, one would reasonable expect the manufacturer and carrier to hold off selling a product is they already know there are issues. 

I could even see Sprint making the argument that HTC never told them of any issues with the other version prior to distributing the Sprint version. 

Regardless, this is NOT something the average consumer should have to worry about.  It is reasonable to expect a product being offered for sale will work as intended without having to verify said functionality through independent research. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

I'm soooo sorry I didn't scour all the various message forums before making my purchase. Silly me for just relying on professional reviews from Cnet, The Verge, PCWorld, ZDnet, engadget, etc. which all failed to mention any reception issues other than the LTE network not being available yet. STFU. Go troll somewhere else if this thread has no relevance to you.

Journeyman

If we all fill out a form with consumeraffairs dot com we can all get helped. Also paying for premium service, while getting no premium service is illegal and the consumer shall not be charged.

Please go to that website and we will see immediate attention.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please share SpeedTest results using your EVO 4G LTE at http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/445035. It will be interesting to see what you all are getting... anyone also seeing speeds less than DIALUP at times, like me? Ha!

Journeyman

Im speaking on behalf of about 20 people in my area who been having same issues, n are so tired of time wasted with poor customer service and the run around they giv....go to sprint store, no,u gotta call sprint, a call to sprint ends up being a wasted hour or so by the time u are done having to explain ur issue three different times as u are passed to three or four different reps, n never get a satifactory resolution, i have evo issue, on top of poor signal ,no service issues, along with dropped calls,missed calls, all day, every day, since JUNE 2010! i was then suckered into two Evo's since, thinking my issue would b resolved with a newer phone,NOPE,, unfortunatly those upgrades renewed my contract, so i now only have 8 months to go until my contract runs out, n i will b running to another provider! I battled with sprint sooooo many times,n my issues are still resolved! I refuse to even waste any more time, that i dont hav to spare in the first place,on callin sprint or htc, i will continue to ride out my contract and pay full price for half assed service like i been stuck doing,until my contract is up! Why?, becAuse i hav no other option! So yes i so believe the problem is beyond wide spread, but many do not post about it on here because it aint gonna resolve anything on here either!

Just be careful thinking that Samsung SIII is going to be great - Make sure their radio/antenna signal issues have been fixed before purchasing. Know from experience with Epic 4GT and I am not so sure they have improved. Just saying....

Journeyman

In Pittsburgh PA and have all the 3G issues one could possibly imagine - slow speeds (~100kbps, often less, ), dropped 3g connectivity several times through the day (lasts about 30-60 seconds then comes back up but happens VERY often). WORST experience ever with any phone I've had. Who cares if the screen is beautiful and the phone is powerful if you can't even do mild browsing on data connection? My two-year old original Evo didn't have these problems on 3G so how is this even considered an upgrade! And no, I'm not comparing my old Evo's 4G to this phone's 3G. I'm comparing 3G to 3G. For God's sake Sprint, at least acknowledge this issue and train your people to deal with it other than futile power cycling, prl updating, and factory resetting!

See my post here for more details: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/452919#452919

Journeyman

I'll just add my 2 cents.  Mpls MN area and I have very sporadic speeds and connection issues.  Some (very very very small) areas, 1.8mb. 90% of the time, it's either 100kbs or less, or no 3g at all.  I think my contract is up in Nov.  I may have to very seriously consider switching (carriers) since my living and working areas can't get 3G.  Whereas my OGEVO nevery had a problem. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat