cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

I got tired of waiting for Sprint and HTC to acknowlege that the new EVO 4G LTE has signal strength issues (particularly in maintaining 3G reception), so I alerted several media sites about the situation. So far PC World has responded and followed up with Sprint on our behalf. I am hoping that negative publicity will force Sprint to do something instead of claiming ignorance. This is no way to react to customer concerns.

My personal situation involves both me and my wife's EVO LTEs experiencing 100% less signal strength (and sporadic 3G reception) than the original EVO 4G I upgraded from. The various Best Buy and Sprint Corporate retail store reps I spoke with never even heard of signal issues and merely suggested to seek a refund or exchange for another product. Our devices were factory reset and reactivated; updated to the latest PRLs; and configured to CDMA networks only, but nothing has helped. Sprint and HTC need to issue a resolution quickly before customers start seeking refunds within their return policy periods.

Please respond to this thread and let Sprint know that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has signal reception issues they need to address immediately.

Some news coverage links since this forum thread was started:

230 REPLIES 230
Highlighted
Journeyman

For everyone who has had LTE problems read this about 40% of LTE online in cities: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-311-editorial-cmon-people-you-really-do-want-access-to-the-...

Highlighted
Master

Good article, but old. 

However, I still agree 100%. Early adotption usually leads to issues. If your not prepared for the issues then you shouldn't have adopted early.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Patron

i install the SignalCheck Pro app on my LTEVO, and the difference on signal, even standing in front of the antenna is -30bd in LTE. example, the 1xRTT or the EV-DO is in -65db and the LTE is in -95db. so, the problems is NOT software, is Hardware. the very poor LTE antenna is the issue, not the Radio File or the updates.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat