cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

230 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

i install the SignalCheck Pro app on my LTEVO, and the difference on signal, even standing in front of the antenna is -30bd in LTE. example, the 1xRTT or the EV-DO is in -65db and the LTE is in -95db. so, the problems is NOT software, is Hardware. the very poor LTE antenna is the issue, not the Radio File or the updates.

Master

Good article, but old. 

However, I still agree 100%. Early adotption usually leads to issues. If your not prepared for the issues then you shouldn't have adopted early.

Journeyman

For everyone who has had LTE problems read this about 40% of LTE online in cities: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-311-editorial-cmon-people-you-really-do-want-access-to-the-...

Master

Where are you located? They recently started working on the network in the Los Angeles area to move it to the Network Vision system. As a result, we could experience a number of issues with connectivity.

Another possibility is a scenario discovered back east with several users. When the network was converted to LTE, their connectivity became even worse. But as soon as the LTE towers went live, all their connectivity issues went away. Now th ephone isn't supposed to have this problem, but there have been several cases of it. It's possible that yours is one of them. But no gurantee.

Journeyman

I have had this problem since day 1 on mt HTC evo LTE. I drove from pad to Los Angeles not too far and I had no damn phone nor data. everytime I called some one they thought i was butt dialing them or crank calling. I got some Indian client on the phone who told me to turn my phone off now turn it back on; I said slow the heck up; This device isnt that damn fast. she said she wanted to update my phone. i asked her what kind of update; she said a data issue; i said really? what kind of data issue that kills my service when i leave my house? she said it was the network not my phone I said WTF. My OG Evo didnt do this anyways rebooted and it has still been sketchy. I have all the latest baseband/Firmware software updates as well. Something is fishy too I notice my data drops off at night and I have to open some form of app like google maps when I go to work. I want to know what kind of half service is this. Not happy.

Master

Very possible. Try booting into Safe Mode, see if it is 3rd party related.

Restart Phone, at first Boot screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until fully booted. You will see Safe Mode in the bottom left corner.

Use the phone as normal and see if it can connect to LTE.

When your done testing, just restart the phone to switch back to normal usage.

Journeyman

I hear that it is only a "handfull" of the HTC Evo 3G LTE phones that are having problems.  I seem to have one.  After. Installing all the latest updates, profiles, PRL, etc... I still could not get phone to switch to LTE even where there was a known good LTE signal.  Last suggestion was to turn off fast boot, use power/volume to clear device cache then do a factory reset.

Seemed to actually work at first on a clean phone, but after I reloaded my software and accounts, it went back to the same problem.

It almost makes me think perhaps some application I loaded could be interfering with the LTE mode switching.  Is this possible?  Any ideas?

Need to compare details with people who have no problems with their Evo 3G LTE.

Journeyman

Wow. I'm so sorry that you have issues with your Evo 4G LTE. I'm from NJ (not that it should matter) and I had mine since it came out and I would do the same if I was in your shoes. As a matter of fact I would ask for a refund and either get another device or gone to another carrier. I have been with Sprint for well over 10yrs and to this day they always helped me with any issues.

But let me tell you, if I ever face any unsatisfactory service or unresolved problems, I have not problem going to another carrier. Just like anybody I only want to be provided for the service I'm paying for and if I don't feel they provide that service then someone else should get my business that can provide me with the service I seek.

With that said, in my experience other than the normal speed of the current network (no LTE yet in my area) and the few dead zones that I know over the years my phone and service has worked for me. HTC pushed an update recently and I did it over Wifi and my Evo 4G LTE still working fine.

I don't think you should wait any longer and either go with another device or go to another carrier. Your not getting what you are paying for and is not fair for you and your wife to continue paying for something is not working for you.

I understand that by now you may have to pay for a penalty if you cancel and that you would have to start from scratch with another carrier. But your disatisfaction is something that you as a customer may not forget and if you

stay you going to still have this feeling when another issue comes up. Take action yourself NOW and don't wait any longer for a resolution, it does not seem you are getting your issue resolved by waiting for them to resolve it for you.

Just how I feel. best wishes.

Master

Other then network issues for certain areas. the recent updates (both) have addressed the majority of hte connectivity issues related to the phone. Have you performed the updates? Have you contacted Spritn to see if there is an issue in your are related to the towers?

If you have performed the updates then PM one of the following admins with your Zipcode and the nearest main cross streets to your location so they can look into it.

14Knight, Raylitherland67, Markie_B

Journeyman

I am unfortunately in this number too. No 4g in my market, just wanted a faster 3G phone and enjoy 4g when visiting larger markets.

So frustrating that my OG Evo got such better reception in the exact same areas that my LTE struggles. I bragged so much on this phone when I got it back in May and now am thinking of dumping it for a premium on EBay so I can pay the premium to buy another phone or just go back to my OG. I guess HTC wants to just cover up because they can't afford the negative press with the iPhone 5 coming out?