cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alerted the media about the HTC EVO 4G LTE signal reception issues

I got tired of waiting for Sprint and HTC to acknowlege that the new EVO 4G LTE has signal strength issues (particularly in maintaining 3G reception), so I alerted several media sites about the situation. So far PC World has responded and followed up with Sprint on our behalf. I am hoping that negative publicity will force Sprint to do something instead of claiming ignorance. This is no way to react to customer concerns.

My personal situation involves both me and my wife's EVO LTEs experiencing 100% less signal strength (and sporadic 3G reception) than the original EVO 4G I upgraded from. The various Best Buy and Sprint Corporate retail store reps I spoke with never even heard of signal issues and merely suggested to seek a refund or exchange for another product. Our devices were factory reset and reactivated; updated to the latest PRLs; and configured to CDMA networks only, but nothing has helped. Sprint and HTC need to issue a resolution quickly before customers start seeking refunds within their return policy periods.

Please respond to this thread and let Sprint know that the HTC EVO 4G LTE has signal reception issues they need to address immediately.

Some news coverage links since this forum thread was started:

230 REPLIES 230
Highlighted
Journeyman

The only thing we can hope for is that Sprint will crank up the 4G LTE service, but that will only help a small handful for a while.  Plus there is no telling when that will even happen.

Here's to hoping there is at least a software update soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

alk1122 wrote:

Salvador.Elizondo wrote:

All around HORRIBLE customer service from both Sprint & Best Buy.

Well, there is a reason why both those companies are in danger of bankruptcy.  I try to stay away from BB if at all possible.  Over priced merchandise with unhelpful employees

True.... I laughed when the Best Buy Mobile Manager refused to help me becasue and I quote "This is a new piece of hardware! It can not have any problems!" when I brought up the problem with both the Iphone 4 and 4s he again said "That problem was a myth and never happened"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I second this. I too am in Houston and my phone isn't getting any 4G reception at all. My pitiful Samsung Epic had better reception. This is also really the use of my phone as a mobile hotspot. This is no good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in North carolina people call me and i never get the call. Talked to several people and they did all kinds of resets and stuff then i finnaly went to the store and they said it was a outage and said it would be fixed by the 14th which is ridiculous i have had my evo lte for over 2 weeks and havent been able to use it

Highlighted
GrandMaster

unless im mistaken the 4G LTE isnt turned on yet...which would be why you are not picking up the 4G signal.

Tameka1991 wrote:

I second this. I too am in Houston and my phone isn't getting any 4G reception at all. My pitiful Samsung Epic had better reception. This is also really the use of my phone as a mobile hotspot. This is no good.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly that is what i do not understand u would think it would just run off a normal tower and would work fine but it just dosent work at all i am not trying to use 4g i am just trying to use regular 3g  so  i switched to my blackberry and it is working fine

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i responded to Tameka1991. but in your case there has been some issues with receiving 3G reception on some phones. from my understanding its now a known issue and is being worked on. its not affecting all phones. just some

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

If your phone does not work, you need to take it to Sprint and have it fixed, or replaced.  Simple as that.

3G is slow, yes.  But it works.  I cannot stream video on the Sprint 3G network but email, voice and web surfing mostly work fine.  At least as well as they did with the E3D it replaced.

I don't doubt there are folks with phones that do not work, but complaining here is not going to get it fixed.  Take it to sprint.  Don't leave without a working phone.  If they sold you a defective one, they need to replace it or reconfigure it to work correctly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure if this will work for everyone but I live in Houston and I've been having problems with my 3G connectivity until recently. I pre-ordered this phone and got it that friday after it was released from customs. Since day one I was having problems with 3G being shotty and not working. Calls and texting works fine. I went to Puerto Rico this past week and the 3G worked great there but coming back to Houston this past weekend, my 3G became shotty again and didn't work. I did the following and now my 3g works perfectly fine: Settings > Mobile network > Network mode > Change to 'CDMA only' then Settings > System updates > Update PRL. Hopefully this works for some of ya'll.

Highlighted
Wizard

Absolutely smotrs!  I'm checking to see if there has been any progress and will post back my findings. 

Highlighted
Wizard

No, the intent was just to get specific info from this customer to narrow down the problem.  The assumption is if a root cause for the problem is identified for SIG-ARM, it will apply to others as well.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat