cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antenna or Cell tower issue?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Antenna or Cell tower issue?

oddly enough they already have a couple versions out already..i have seen a few post that theyre sporting a hardware version 3 already...even out the gate some people had them...i dont think the HW version is the issue though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

lol im still holding strong..i pretty much have a following now on me getting one of these and posting my findings lol..

Lmbo....C'mon man. Cave, just DO IT.  We will all ban together to force you. Hehe, and support u as well, unless u have meds for that. Lol.  C'mon,[..], get it, evaluate it, report it. 

Message was edited by: mapesy

Highlighted
GrandMaster

lol i have just as many of you out there to be able to report with/try to work some magic..it will be happening sooner than later thats for sure..i WILL however take donations to help support my phone purchase...lol..kidding

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Do you still have the old phones?

If so, re-activate your service on the old devices and test.  If you don't get poor signal and dropped calls it's the new phones. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

lol i have just as many of you out there to be able to report with/try to work some magic..it will be happening sooner than later thats for sure..i WILL however take donations to help support my phone purchase...lol..kidding

I've givin my .02 already.  More than once....

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

There is a bit more involved that this process may not uncover. since this phone is capable of using our services on the 800 MHz band, and in some areas 800 MHz is not available we pushed a PRL update to remove 800 MHz acquisitions from the phone. this is why we do normally as which PRL & baseband is in a phone while dealing with service related problems.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

lol true..

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

There is a bit more involved that this process may not uncover. since this phone is capable of using our services on the 800 MHz band, and in some areas 800 MHz is not available we pushed a PRL update to remove 800 MHz acquisitions from the phone. this is why we do normally as which PRL & baseband is in a phone while dealing with service related problems.

It worked for me...My OEVO works where the new didn't.  Simple.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Trust me, I'm not doubting that. I'm saying that there may be another explanation for the reasons that a person may have trouble with the Evo 4G LTE apart from having a defective phone. This is why I often suggest having the phone checked in a service & repair center. They will test the phone, and can provide accurate/complete data to the developers. 

Highlighted
Wizard

I understand and appreciate the value of proper troubleshooting, however, your average consumer doesn't really want to nor are they all that interested in participating in the performance of proper testing and troubleshooting since that should have been done extensively by Sprint and the phone manufacturers prior to selling the devices to the general public. 

If a person goes from a phone that worked reasonably well given the inherent limitations of the current Sprint network and now has purchased an expensive (either as a full price upgrade or a significantly more expensive 2 year commitment) new device, that person expects the new device to perform better than their old gear and at the very minimum equal to the device they are replacing.  The expectation is that they will remove the device from its packaging, charge it sufficiently to work and go through the activation process (unique to Sprint and Verizon) and start using their new phone. 

Finding this new phone to be a great Internet terminal on wifi is not sufficient.  Having to resort to wifi calling over google voice and groove IP (over wifi) to make a receive calls over a separate number is not something most folks know how to do or wish to do.  They also don't want to setup an airave device (after arguing with customer service to get it free).  They want and quite reasonably expect the phone to work as a phone and it should work at the very least equal to the old phone they are retiring.  After all these aren't Apple devices bought purely for status.  People expect to use the phone. 

These forums represent a microcosm of the greater customer base at large.  They are frequented by either the technically savvy and or the folks knowledgeable enough to surf their way here looking for answers. They don't include the thousands of customers dealing with Sprint corporate or agent store, customer service, their local bestbuy, sams, costco or walmart.  Many of these customers just keep plugging away until they get so frustrated they either return the device, move to another carrier or just live with the problems until they can get another phone. 

I think the loyal Sprint customers who have suffered through the WiMAX mess and now years of network/tower upgrades have every reason to expect these devices to be thoroughly vetted before being unleashed on the public half-baked (and minimally tested) in order to keep up with rollout plans from the manufacturers or other carriers.  Let's not rollout another LTE device until you can say with some degree of certainly the VAST majority of the existing LTE devices are now working propery. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will try to answer some of the comments based on my original post

• I do have expectations that the next generation EVO would peform better or at least at the same level of the old phone
  • My wife has the new EVO LTE as well and has the same issue. So either both phones are defective, or it is a poor design in the hardware
  • My goal of the post was to see if this is common problem or unique to our phone. Sounds like a common problem.

My expectations from Sprint are for them to admit the issue and announce a plan to fix. We need the media to know about the issue to help put pressure on Sprint to spend the money to find a quick solution.

We bought our phones from Best Buy and are past the 14 day return policy (That is our fault). I thought it was going to be a temporary cell tower issue and didn't return the phone right away. Mistake.  So now I have to fight both Best Buy and Sprint for a solution. I have been a Sprint customer for over 12 years. But will leave them if they do not resolve this issue soon.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

This supports for the most part my sentiments. As many of our customers do not wish to go through a long, drawn out process, we urge that they visit a service & repair center for a technician to evaluate the situation, and provide feedback where appropriate.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat