cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change the sound when using NFC?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any way to change the sound when using NFC?

I bought a few NFC tags that I'm using to automate some common tasks, and they work well, but the "tag scanned" sound doesn't really go with the Star Trek LCARS theme I'm using (specifically, the LCARS active wallpaper and TNG sound set).

Is there any way to change that WITHOUT ROOTING?

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Any way to change the sound when using NFC?

ADMIRALSIRJOHN,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is no way to change the sound on the NFC.

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, Stephanie.

I really wish there were a way, as the built in one, in addition to not fitting with the sound scheme I use, is awfully quiet.

Perhaps it's something that could be written into the next software update?  I've read a LOT of reports that say we're supposed to be upgraded to 4.2.x JellyBean by the end of the year.

Wizard

ADMIRALSIRJOHN,

This is a good suggestion that I will pass along for you. If there is anything I can help with in the future please let me know.

Thank you

*Stephanie

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

You're quite welcome.  I have a lot of friends who either own Samsung phones or have rooted their HTC ones, and they seen to be able to do a bit more personalization than those using stock HTC phones.

Another thing I'd love to see is a way to set the volume for notifications separately from that of a ringtone.  When I sleep, I'd love to be able to mute the various notifications I get from friends (who mostly live on the West Coast, three hours behind) yet still have a call from my dad wake me up.  Cutting the ringtone volume in half seems to do the trick after a fashion, but it took me a few seconds to realize I was getting a phone call this afternoon...

Maybe there ought to be a "little things we wish we could personalize" thread?

Master

AdmiralSirJohn, 

Just jumping in here.  Glad you've found ways to make your settings work for you, for the most part.  As to the idea of a Wish List thread, a thread like that would certainly keep suggestions a bit more centralized, though there will always be the folks who start their own.  No harm in trying, right?

*Christy
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

True.  In fact, the only reason I mentioned the Wish List thread is the fact that I'm sure the tweaks I'd like to be able to do have occurred to others, yet the answer always seems to come back to "Root your phone, Sprint will never add this functionality to their phones".

I figured if there were a place for CS to see that a large number of customers would like to get some simple changes without the hassle of rooting, it might motivate the folks working on the next update to include them in some way.

Just a thought...

Journeyman

And it looks like CS did listen to those of us who wanted to divorce the Notification volume from the Ringtone volume, since the 4.3 update did exactly that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat