cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any word on 4.3 update for the EVO 4G LTE ??

Journeyman

Any word on 4.3 update for the EVO 4G LTE ??

Just wondering if there been any update on when The HTC EVO 4G LTE will get the 4.3 update?? I know HTC said it be before the end of the year and there is only 6 weeks left so hopefuly before the of

Nove or the first week of dec?

23 REPLIES 23
Journeyman

Re: Any word on 4.3 update for the EVO 4G LTE ??

I'm starting to get a bit antsy about that myself.  I've been reading some of the stuff about HTC Sense 5, and I'm looking forward to the "cleaner" look.

Hopefully, Sprint will include some customization tweaks (such as being able to adjust the volume for notifications separately from ringtone) with it.

Journeyman

Honestly I would rather the 4.4 KitKat update over the 4.3.  HTC and Sprint have been painfully slow with pushing updates that others have been getting quite soon from its release.

Journeyman

Point taken, but right now, I'd be happy with any kind of update.

Journeyman

Hello Sprint Mods, still looking for an answer here. When will Sprint and HTC release the 4.3 update for HTC EVO 4G LTE. I know it should be this month, but when this month. Why sell a Great phone if Sprint and HTC can't communicate. 

Journeyman

This is very true.  I gave up waiting and unlocked my bootloader,  rooted and am running cyanogenmod cm 11.  This is KitKat 4.4.2 now and runs very smooth.  I'm not going to suggest you attempt this unless you don't care about your warranty and have money to burn if you break your phone.  Also if you don't have knowledge of rooting,  roms and android adb it will be a tasking experience to learn. 

Disclamer:  I am not responsable if you attempt this and break your phone.

Journeyman

I just gave up  on HTC and got the LG G2 which by way is maybe the most awesome phone I have ever had.

Journeyman

Just read that HTC has announced that the update is delayed until at least late January.  They tweeted that the December goal was to have it in the lab by then...

Master

JB027

Sorry for the delayed response. We have not heard word of the 4.3 update on the EVO 4G LTE, however I see you have upgraded to the LG G2. Let me know what makes it so awesome I want to know. Also, if you need assistance setting it up don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Roxana
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN

It has been some time since your last post. I wanted to follow up with you to find out if you are satisfied with your device update. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi. I'm looking to install Android 4.3 on my Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE phone.  I see that HTC has released the software and I want to know when and how I'll be able to update the operating system on my Sprint Device.  Please let me know how to go about doing so.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat