cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary NEW LAUNCH DATE EVO 4G LTE May 23rd

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary NEW LAUNCH DATE EVO 4G LTE May 23rd

Okay, early Friday update from Inside Sprint. Sounds like to me that Best Buy was just premature in sending the launch date email to their customers. Also sounds like the 23rd is the target date, but, that Sprint really did not want to dispense that particular tid-bit until they were certain they could ship. Heres the update from Inside Sprint.

Morning, all! After some MUCH needed sleep, and catching up on some emails, I just wanted to give a quick update before I head into the office to see what the day will bring.

• I CAN confirm that an email with out to the 3rd Party distro with the 5/23 date.
  • Since Best-Buy is saying ‘whoops’ for sending the email, I’m not sure if they got smacked for releasing the date first, or if someone just messed up.
  • I do believe I’ll be able to get a copy of the actual email today to post.
  • There is a 2PM Conference bridge today about the launch.. but we’ve had these daily at some point each day, so don’t get too excited. Yesterday’s was simply boring stuff we all already knew. Generally these are not the venue for breaking news.

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

Also want to add that I too got an email from Sprint last night on my pre-order. Nothing to jump and scream about as I am sure most here received the same communication. No date, but that are working hard to get them shipped as HTC tries to resolve the customs entanglements.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well sounds promising. Just hope to get it by early next week at least. Then we can all focus on more important things like spamming the forums about getting the 3g Network improved and LTE launched. LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its starting to look like it might not be until atleast Aug 28th

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/05/delaware-based-federal-court-orders.html

Journeyman

I canceld my preorder from sprint so i could get it from best buy.

normally i would have just let it go but best buy did a good job trying to inform its customers and sprint did a bad job so i pushed to cancel my preorder from sprint.

untitled.bmp

Highlighted
Journeyman

At first everyone took that news of the federal court order for settlement talks as good news.  People thought that meant that the phones had been cleared to ship, and HTC/Apple would have to work out their differences with a babysitter at the end of August.  However, if that's true, and the phones are really packed to ship as Sprint claims, they could/should have started shipping immediately following the ruling yesterday.  That would have allowed them to acually hit the original release date for pre-order customers.  However, since they have not officially announced a release date, and supposedly are now allowing cancellations, I'm afraid things may be much worse.  Certainly ISN is reporting that the 5/23 release is likely, so I hope for everyone's sake that means preorders could be in customer hands by Monday.  However, this whole situation has me jaded, and I am skepical.  Can you imagine, if they really were not going to be able to ship until the end of August?  That would certainly give them time to hand pick phones out of the pallets for people that want to cancel.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If they can't ship the phones until September, they better just refund everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just went to my local Best Buy for something unrelated to this. But they did have a sign on ther entry door stating that the EVO 4G LTE and the One X had encountered delays in customs and that a new launch date has yet to be determined.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat