Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary NEW LAUNCH DATE EVO 4G LTE May 23rd

Highlighted
Journeyman

BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary NEW LAUNCH DATE EVO 4G LTE May 23rd

Just read it off Inside Sprint and it developed less than an hour ago. New preliminary ship date is now May 23rd.

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary NEW LAUNCH DATE EVO 4G LTE May 23rd

Hope this is true!

Highlighted
Master

Recieved an email from Best Buy this morning on the same subject stating the release date has been changed to the above. Maybe they know something we don't.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

And it will be one of the biggest Launch for the EVO 4G LTE.  Apple is going to regret this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well if it does turn out to be accurate. I can only guess at the chain of events to follow. Now, have to say, I'm not any type of "insider" just pure speculation on my part. But if the report is accurate. I would predict that since they are calling the 23rd a LAUNCH date and not a SHIP Date. I would gather from that if you pre-ordered your EVO 4G LTE from Sprint, I would reasonably expect them to ship NLT Monday the 21st. And this is so Sprint can keep its promise that pre-order customers will recieve their phones prior to the National Launch date.

And reasonably expect this phone to be available in stores on the 23rd. Again...pure speculation on my part.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple can not keep android down. Sprint needs to wake up and kick apple to the curb. The money spent on the iphone could have went to the LTE network. And that could have been up and running by now. APPLE SUCKS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is so crazy as Sprint still hasn't sent one email to their customers yet?! Best Buy sent one this morning letting them know that it changed to the 23rd. Sprint should expect to be bombarded with hate mail but I have no comment on that matter, lol.

5th :(

Highlighted
Journeyman

**UPDATE 1:18 PM** – Still unofficial, but the plan is that items will be shipped out to pre-orders first, in time for them to get them before the new launch date of 5/23. Trying to get a lock down on when first shipments will go out.

http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/

Highlighted
Journeyman

I preordered my EVO on Best Buy dot com around 9 am on the 7th and I have not received any email or letter saying they will ship on 5/23 yet...  So who knows...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered mine on the BB website on the 9th and have not received any email yet either.  I just check the order and it still says "backordered" with no other info.  Who knows...I'd be happy if I had it by the end of next week.  Time will tell I guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you're Right. HTC is gonna benefit from all this extra attention to their new line of phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anyone talked to sprint cs about supposed new launch date?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat