cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth discovery issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth discovery issues

Trying to pair a bluetooth portable stero speaker with my EVO 4G and my phone doesn't even discover the device.  My phone discovers other bluetooth devices but not this one. The speaker is BT version  2.1+EDR. Is there a compatability problem with the EVO having BT version 4.0?  I would have thought version 4 would be backwards compatable. Just as a side note, I was successful at discovering and connecting the speaker to a GS3 so I know it works.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth discovery issues

sarahsadly,

Thanks for the post, does your portable bluetooth speaker support A2DP? For you to listen to music with your headset or car kit, the headset or car kit must support the A2DP Bluetooth profile.

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Media Care Team

Highlighted
Master

Sorry you are having a problem  The first thing is most bluetooth devices have to be put into pairing mode  to enable t hem to be discovered by the phone.  If the unit was turned on for the first time when you connected it to the GS3 that would explain the problem.  With many devicethe first time a unit powers up  it  powers up into pairing mode and is discoverable. It does not do this once paired  What is the make and model of the blue tooth device?   I will look into this issue for you .

Highlighted
Master

Sorry you are having a problem  The first thing is most bluetooth devices have to be put into pairing mode  to enable t hem to be discovered by the phone.  If the unit was turned on for the first time when you connected it to the GS3 that would explain the problem.  With many devicethe first time a unit powers up  it  powers up into pairing mode and is discoverable. It does not do this once paired  What is the make and model of the blue tooth device?   I will look into this issue for you .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, according to the specs:

Bluetooth protocol: version 2.1+EDR

Support A2DP,AVRCP,headset,handfree profile

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Bluetooth Is No Longer Working. Was Working With No Problem Before The Update. It Will No Longer Find Any Device. It No Longer Finds My Bluetooth In My 2012 VW jetta Tdi And Will Not Find My Motorola Roadster, Both Worked Fine Without Any Issues Until The Update

Highlighted
Master

Have you power cycled the the phone by holding down the power key for at least 10 seconds and then selecting power off.   Can any other device discover the car.    If still having an issue I would take the Device into a service and repair store.  There are not settings that can be changed on bluetooth

Highlighted
Journeyman

Our Other Phone pairs Fine To Both Devices, I Even Did A Full Reset On The Phone, Battery Pull Everything, It Was Just Fine Before The Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Took the phone to Sprint. They confirmed they hadn't seen my issue. Had to get a replacement phone and all is good now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat