cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth in car EVO 4G LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth in car EVO 4G LTE

Anyone have an issue like I have with my EVO? It paired easily with my 2010 Mazda 3. The problem is that when I make or recieve calls, the sound comes through the phone speaker, not the car speaker. I had my last phone paired (it was a Blackberry) so I know the Bluetooth hands-free works, but can't figure this out. I tried finding something in settings but can't....just wondeing if anyone has had this issue and solved it.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having an issue with my 2011 Camaro. I can get the car and phone to pair, but then the bluetooth randomly connects and disconnects every 30-45 seconds. I've deleted both, unpaired and repaired, nothing has helped. I called Sprint and there's very little troubleshooting they can do. They suggested I call HTC which I did yesterday. He walked me through a few trouble shooting steps but the issue still remains. He encouraged me to call the dealership, so that's my next step.

Hoping anyone has some suggestions!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So yesterday I scoured forums and threads to see if other's were having a similar issue. I came across a thread where  a 'partial fix' was listed and I gave it a try. So far, my bluetooth has stayed connected while in the car. I even managed to have a 20 min convo driving home from work. Hopefully something more permanent will be release to resolve this issue. Here's a copy and paste of what I found:

So I have a partial fix for this issue. Here's how you keep the Bluetooth connected to GM cars:

1. Delete prior Thunderbolt connections

2. Start a new pair

3. When the phone is paired with the car your Thunderbolt will ask If you want to connected the phone list (something like that forgot the exact wording)

4. Select "decline" and check be box that says "always" then click ok.

This will keep your phone connected with your car. It will not connected and disconnected anymore. The phone book was the problem. Only problem with this fix is you won't have your phone list on your car. You would have to dial from the thunderbolt. Let me know if this works for you guys.

(posted by ICEMAN 316 [OP]ICEMAN 316 is offline in droidforums.com)

Highlighted
Journeyman

wow I thought I was the only one..looks like this evo may be going back to sprint..my galaxy stay connected but I couldn't get music to play off of it unless I hooked up aux cable..now this evo works sometimes with music and Bluetooth connects and disconnects..I got two weeks if this doesn't get fixed its gone and I'll wait for galaxy s3

Highlighted
Wizard

its probably NOT going to be fixed in 2 weeks, so you may as well return it now.

the issue with the BT should be fixed in an upcoming HTC maintenance release. i recommend you  all who are having issues to send an e-mail to HTC so its logged. the more tickets issued, the better the maintenance release will be.

if you want to stream music in your car, try this work around:

make a call form your lte through your cars BT system.

end the call.

open up your music app (pandora, music player, etc) and you should be good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ManonLescaut wrote:

Anyone have an issue like I have with my EVO? It paired easily with my 2010 Mazda 3. The problem is that when I make or recieve calls, the sound comes through the phone speaker, not the car speaker. I had my last phone paired (it was a Blackberry) so I know the Bluetooth hands-free works, but can't figure this out. I tried finding something in settings but can't....just wondeing if anyone has had this issue and solved it.

Check this: Go to Settings, turn Bluetooth on (if it's off). Then tap on Bluetooth to get to the settings page which should also list your car Bluetooth (if you didn't delete it). Tap on the equalizer looking icon to the right of your cars Bluetooth and make sure Phone audio is checked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having issues with my pioneer deck where I could pair phone audio, or BT audio, but never both in the same paring session like I was supposed to.  I had to re-pair the phone about 4 times but it eventually started working, I would suggest that you simply try re-pairing after both devices are power cycled.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue on my 2012 Impressa. I have to manually go into settings/Bluetooth and press on the tab for the device that I'm pairing until it does. It takes two to five tries everytime I get in the car or even when I put the phone on the car dock, it is very annoying. My old EVO would work as soon as I got in the car. If they don't fix this, I'm switching to the 3 s, I'm still on my 14 days and still will be when the 3s launches.

Highlighted
Wizard

the BT issue (As well as some other issues) are well known to HTC and will be fixed in a maintenance update. no ETA on that and it will probably be past your 14 day period, so if its a deal breaker for you (As ive mentioned before) you may want to look at exercising your other options.

i've no issue pairing the phone to my 2012 QX56. there is an issue with BT audio streaming, which is solved by first making a test call from your handset through the cars system. once that is done, the music plays/streams beautifully.

the evo LTE is one of the best handsets  and is the next logical step over the original evo. with sprints new network being rolled out, its  adding a bit of frustration to some users (understandable) but we are the early adopters. as LTE networks get turned on, this handset will rock.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a 2010 chevy malibu, that i have bluetooth in for hands free calling. When I open up my music app to play music, i select the options to selct a bluetooth player and it cant find my car. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do I need to select the standard car app first that came on the phone. Under settings it does list my car as the default voice call accessory, but under default audio out accessory, my car is not listed.  Bluetooth audio - out accesorry is seletced.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do I need a separate audio out accessory? I assumed if I had BT in my car for hands free calling, it would work hand in hand with the music output via BT.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat