cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issues...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bluetooth issues...

I'm hoping this is something a simple software update can address, but it appears (and I'm still working through diagnosing this) that the bluetooth version on the LTE may be an issue for some bluetooth receivers/headsets. I've got a Nissan Maxima and used my former Evo to stream audio from Rhapsody over bluetooth to my car. Attempting to do that now with the LTE is causing choppy playback - one second of sound, one second of pause, repeat. It also appears to be happening with other audio playback software (i.e. Amazon MP3 and the included software). My guess is that the bluetooth in the phone isn't able to sense and down-rev the communication to meet the level/capabilities of the receiver.

Has anyone else experienced this yet? Any other receivers affected? My hope is that this can be improved through a setting change or a software update on the phone as that'll be a lot easier than trying to update my car somehow.

15 REPLIES 15
Wizard

Re: Bluetooth issues...

the new phone has BT 4.0 and the BT stack (driver) may not be compatible with the BT stack in our vehicle.

this can be remedied in a software update from your manufacturer.

since the handset is virtually new (as well as 4.0), it may take some time for this to happen.

if you root, you can install a different KNOWN working BT stack in your device but this could cause other issues downstream.

6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other...  there are no BT settings that one can tweak in the handset to help fix any streaming issues. it either is ON or OFF.

i have not tested the BT streaming in my car just yet. i will try this later this evening and if i remember, will report back my findings here for the class.

ooh, if others want to chime in, it would be helpful to say what model and year car you are using, to keep a tally.

i HAVE been able to pair up the phone and it works well in that regard. no issues with making calls.

Journeyman

I too am having this issue. I have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT radio installed. There is no software update from Pioneer that I have seen, but I might email Pioneer support here soon. I did see that there is a $60 adapter coming from HTC to wirelessly play music. If this is the case, I will just go back to my aux cable.

Master

This is probably your best answer and should be marked accordingly by the OP.

Good job Steadicam.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have a Pioneer DEH-P6100BT head unit in my truck and it gives me the choppy play back also. It worked great with my old EVO and this is the only problem i have encountered with the LTE so far.

Journeyman

What is odd is that the hands-free works. I can make and receive calls, just can't stream music.

Journeyman

I'm having issues connecting the EVO 4G LTE to my vehicle.  It pairs, allows you to receive calls, make calls but does not download the phonebook as the EVO 4g did prior.  It also has call quality issues.  It seems to me as this is a Sprint issue.  Reading other posts the original EVO had the same problems initially until Sprint sent out a patch to correct this.  I understand it still early but I hope that Sprint and HTC are working as to correct this.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem streaming audio to my 2010 Infiniti G37 (probably same internal electronics as the Maxima). I've tried Slacker and Google Music with no luck.  I've read other forums where people have reported this as well.  Hopefully Sprint/HTC will look into it. 

Journeyman

Either sprint is watching this forum like crazy or my browser is talking to different pages each time I look at this page. I just posted about how this was happening to me and if it wasn't fixed I'm going to return my phone. Well someone posted a way where if you connect your Bluetooth and after it connects it will ask you if you want to keep something I'm sorry I forget what it says but its the only pop up at the end that gives you the ability to click cancel or ok and has a check box below it..if you click cancel the phone stays connected instead of connecting and disconnecting intermittently. I just tested it out on two different cars that it was having this issue and this method fixed it..a far as music goes HTC file management is hit or miss on seeing my data for sings on the phone. But if you create a folder in your sd card (external) and name it music then move all your music files over to it and mount your phone as hard drive instead of music sync my car at least picks it up now instead of just sometimes working..once again this was tested on a Chevy cruze and Toyota Camry. Something with  htc software seems to be causing the issue..still trying to find the glitch

Journeyman

I tried that fix with mine and it didn't work but I've since returned my first Evo due to overheating and battery drainage issues. I'll try it on this one and report back.

2011 Infiniti G37 here. All apps pertaining to music/podcasts won't work while handsfree phone seems to be fine.

Edit: I tried this fix with my new Evo and it still does not work. It was my impression that this was working for people that were having issues with bluetooth disconnecting less frequently. The problem we're having is the bluetooth constantly fading in and out on a second to second basis.

Journeyman

Same here. Tryna find out WTF!!!

Journeyman

Same here. I love the new LTE so I'm not going to take back. Just want Sprint to fix!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat