cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth problems

Journeyman

Bluetooth problems

I was talking on my Bluetooth a couple of weeks ago and the audio just went away. I thought it was a dropped call and called back, but couldn't hear. I've unpaird and repaired several times with no luck. I tried resetting the head unit (my stereo), with no luck. Deleted the data for Bluetooth from settings. No luck on any of these. Ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bluetooth problems

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm happy to help. Have you tried to pair the device to another phone to see if it works? Or have you tried to pair the same phone with another bluetooth device to see if that works? Let me know.

Thank you,

Ivan

Journeyman

It paired with my daughter's iPhone, my son's Samsung and my wife's EVO LTE. I do not have another Bluetooth to try. I tried unpairing and deleting the data for Bluetooth many times, but no luck. My software version is 3.16.651.3 71ORD. My wife's software version is the same.

Journeyman

I have had this issue numerous times. Factory reset of course fixes it but this is not acceptable. If it happens and there is a software update available, this will also fix it but it is temporary. When the issue occurs, I can pair a seccond headset and it also does not work. I can pair with my car and it will work. I can pair it with an a2dp Bluetooth reciever and it will work.

I have narrowed down that something specifically related to the HSP Bluetooth profile is the problem as devices that use HFP or A2DP still work.

I use a Plantronics Voyager Pro headset. I have not found a viable solution.

Thank you for getting back to me with some specifics. I took a deeper look into what may be going on and found som steps that might help.

1. Try recalibrating the headset's sensors.
  2. If desired, you can disable the sensors completely. If you do so, you will have to answer/end your calls by pressing the call control button on your headset.
  3. If issues persist, contact Plantronics Support.

Let me know if that works.

Thank you,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

My HTC EVO LTE phone also has Bluetooth problems. (among other problems) I pair my phone with my JVC deck in my car for hands free music & calls while driving. (incoming calls only and only long enough to tell whomever is calling me that I will call them back as soon as I am not driving!) & with my ION Bluetooth shower speaker. It forgets the first device at some random point after being paired with the second device. Master reset temporarily fixes the issue... until next time which can be the next day or a month away. Between the Bluetooth issues and the other issues that require master resets I've become an expert at master resetting my phone. This morning it decided it was no longer friends with my car radio and refused to pair. I transferred my service back to my old trusty HTC EVO 4G with WiMax. There is no WiMax in my area but then there isn't any LTE either so I figure no loss there! I am DONE with HTC. I hate the super short battery life. I hate the constant master resets. I hate that it drops audio during calls. I hate that the sound volume randomly resets. I hate that it won't keep a custom ringtone setting. I hate the way it randomly ends my calls so it can update some stupid app that I told it to disable! I like the idea of NFC but that wasn't enough to keep me stuck with this POS until January 2014 when I can upgrade to something else. ANYTHING else.

Journeyman

I am with you!  Upgrade to any other phone but this one!  I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and I am now looking into Verizon who seems to have better coverage and, what the heck, Sprint already lied selling me this crappy phone.  Found out tonight that there is 4G in our area but not the RIGHT KIND for this stupid phone.  Why did Sprint sell it to me?  Hmm.

I can understand what you're saying. I'm only on my third smartphone now, but they've all been HTC. I just got this 4G LTE last week, and I'm loving it so far. BUT, I'm still using ICS. I refuse to do the update this time. That's how I got screwed with my last two devices. It was Gingerbread with the Hero, and ICS with the Design 4G. Each time, after the update, the phone went spaceballs. Both phones were great before updating. And now Jelly Bean has been released for this one. Did you go through with the update? I'm guessing you did after reading what you've posted. I was also trying to avoid another HTC device to replace my Design, but found a really good deal on a new 4G LTE and took it. I'm hoping that all works out at least until I'm eligible for my update next April.

Journeyman

did anyone ever figure out a fix?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat