cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Highlighted
Journeyman

CAN'T WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS

I'VE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES SINCE I RECEIVED THE PHONE. IT SHOWS ME THAT EVERY VIDEO I PULL UP IS 0:01. IT NEVER PLAYS ANY PORTION OF THE VIDEO NOT EVEN THE 0:01. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE? HOW CAN I FIX THIS? I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME SO I HAVE NOT BEEN TO THE SPRINT STORE.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

2012-07-20_07-16-02.png

Highlighted
Master

Is that the Webpage or the YouTube App? It looks like the webpage, do you have FlashPlayer installed and updated? Does it do the same with the YouTube app? If so, is there an update to the the YouTube app you didn't get?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have no idea if Flashplayer is installed or updated... I've never had to do anything to view Youtube videos on my previous phones, and seeing as how this is supposed to be better, I didn't think there was anything I needed to do. If the phone notifies me of updates I do update. This is the webpage. It just adds to my frustrations with the phone, being that this has happened since it was fresh out of the box... I never used the youtube app because I'm a web type of person.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just found flashplayer -- it says its enabled.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh, and I just noticed I have the app... I'm not a big app lover so I never even thought to look for it.... DJM... LOL... I would still like for the browser to work but I will see if the app allows me to view videos...

Highlighted
Master

The app is actually better then the Webpage in my opinion. But yeah, it should work in both. In most cases, when you select a YouTube video on the webpage, it will actually open or ask to open in the app.

It may be activated within the Browser, but if it's outdated, it may not function correctly. To check, go to the Play store and see if there's an update for FlashPlayer,

Play > Menu > My Apps

Locate Flashplayer and select it. Maybe even click the Uninstall Updates, Restart, followed by Update. See if that helps.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to watch on the app... I am use to the old EVO where it gave me an option between the app and web as well, but I have not been asked on this phone... I will check it out and see what I see... Thanks! One of these days I will make it to the Sprint store... hopefully...

Highlighted
Master

Actually, the Play Store is different then the Sprint Store. The Play Store is Googles app store for buying, downloading, installing apps, music movies. Looks like a White Shopping Bag with a bluish/red triangle on it. Open the App Drawer on your phone and search for Play or browse for Play.

When you open it, click the Search button the magnify glass in the upper right corner to search for FlashPlayer. Or, press the Menu Button the three dots in the upper right corner followed by the My Apps option. Then scroll until you see the FlashPlayer option. Then try what I mentioned in an earlier post.

--

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm curious have you tried clearing cache/cookies from the default browser? Have you tested it on a different browser like dolphin?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to adobe flash player and read there "DISCRIPTION'' ***note: flash player is no longer being updated for new device configureations. Flash player will not be supported on any android version beyond android 4.0x***

I'm thinking were S.O.L.!

Highlighted
Master

Not really. JellyBean (4.1.X) won't need the use of FlashPlayer as it will take advantage of HTML5 which has moved beyond the realm of the need for FlashPlayer as I understand. Our phones have ICS (4.0.X) which still requires FlashPlayer so we will probably still see updates as long as we have ICS on our phones. But when JB comes out, we won't.

Again, this is based on what I've been reading.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat