cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me asap

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone help me asap

HOW CAN I STOP THE ANNOYING POP UP ADS ON MY PHONE??????

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

Download an app to help you identify which app is using that ad network thats popping up. You might try the app adblock. Ive used that before.

Once you identify the offending app, uninstall it.

Journeyman

Which app is good to download to adentify the offending app?? Do you know??

I'm affraid now to download just any app.

Highlighted
Wizard

Try Adblock

Highlighted

DI213-

Thanks so much for reaching out for assistance! Pop-ups can be quite frustrating! Let me know if sprint9149's suggestion works. Thank you, sprint9149! If that doesn't work, have you happen to nice that this started to happen after a recent app download and if so, have you tried removing the app from your device?

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Master

There are a number of apps that end up producing pop up ads on our phones. When you figure out which one is the culprit, please post so others will be aware.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Some users have already suggested Adblock. There are a couple of others that might help you. Some ads are "pushed" by an outfit named AirPush -- they usually show up in the notifications area. AirPush Detector can find any apps that do this. App Brain App Market has a routine built into it named Ad Detector that can tell you which apps use ad services and what those services are named. Both are available in the Google Play market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!

Ok so I tried the AdBlock Plus and it did stop the pop up ads. But I still wanted to know which app was causing all of this, so I downloaded AirPush Detector and sure enough, it told me which app was defective so I immediately uninstalled it!!

The app defective was a game call "Princess Barbie by Fun Droid Interactive." I had downloaded that game for my daughter since she loves Barbies but now I have some explanations to give since I know she's going to ask me haha. So DO NOT INSTALL that app its malicious!!

Thanks again

Highlighted
Wizard

There ya go! Airpush detector is what i was trying to remember.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeek...you might want to hurry up and uninstall this one from your phone as well smotrs

HA!!

DI213 wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!

Ok so I tried the AdBlock Plus and it did stop the pop up ads. But I still wanted to know which app was causing all of this, so I downloaded AirPush Detector and sure enough, it told me which app was defective so I immediately uninstalled it!!

The app defective was a game call "Princess Barbie by Fun Droid Interactive." I had downloaded that game for my daughter since she loves Barbies but now I have some explanations to give since I know she's going to ask me haha. So DO NOT INSTALL that app its malicious!!

Thanks again

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Your daughter. Surrre it was, uh huh. 

Thanks for the headsup. I have a daughter too, I'll make sure to stay away from that one.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

You been accessing my phone remotely again??

heh, my daughter hasn't gotten into Barbies just yet, so I'm lucky there, I don't ahve that one. 

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat