cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Sync Music to Phone Storage?

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Can't Sync Music to Phone Storage?

I never use sync manager, and I never put anything on my internal phone storage. I use external SD card

Journeyman

MSL is like serial number for your phone.

Call A print and ask them for it.tell them you lost the number

Journeyman

CAMSTUFS, thanks for the post. I'll have to try it using Media Sync. But as of now, is it a limitation of the HTC Sync Manager app that the music cannot be synced to phone/internal storage? Without an SD card, I have no way of getting my music onto my phone using the HTC Sync app.

Master

Phone and Internal Storage should be the same. Some apps may refer to it as either one.

As for where your music is being stored, try the following location,

• /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/mobile

You will see a Gallery and a Music folder within the above. For the music, your path will also have your PC path appended. In otherwords, if your music is stored on the computer at the following location,

• C:\My Documents\Music\No Doubt\Push and Shove

The above will look like this on the phone,

• /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/mobile/music/C/My Documents/Music/No Doubt/Push and Shove
Journeyman

Ok even weirer, or at least I think so...so when I go into settings, go to storage, go to phone storage, and select to move all music saved to phone to SD card. It moves it to the SD card but I can only view it when it is connected via USB and mounted as a disk drive. Why cant I view it on card when it is set up as media sync????

Journeyman

What is MSL? Step #2

~Fix roaming issues:

On dial pad enter: ##72786#

Enter: your MSL 

Select ->Menu ->Select ->Reset

Phone will turn off, on, PRL updates... Let it go till it stops. Call your voice mail to test.

Read more: http://cellphoneforums.net/htc/t343484-htc-evo-4g-lte-tips-tricks.html#ixzz26vlfU3VW

Journeyman

I have also noticed that when I download music from an installed app it to stores to the phone storage, then I have to do the sync to move from phone to sd card. Im a little confused about the difference between phone and internal storage is. What is the difference? I was under the impression I should store everything to the SD, so in the event my phones breaks, all my music/pics will be saved on the SD card and then moved into the new phone. I have also tried to:

1. Change the destination folder when the music downloads to. But, it still saves to the phone and not the SD card. (sdcard/music_download)

2. Go into settings, go to storage, go to phone storage, and select to move all music saved to phone to SD card. Still nothing. I'm not even sure where it goes. It says to has been moved to my SD card, but when I hook my phone up to my PC, it is no where to be found on         my sd card.

3. Go into settings, go to storage, go to app storage locations,...storage card selected for all.

HELP!

Journeyman

Thanks, CAMSTUFs.  I found this work around late yesterday.  Seems to be the only way to do it.

Journeyman

Connect USB to Phone & PC -> Select: Media Sync mode
On PC, Open My Computer -> EVO drive... From there you can drag and drop

Read more: http://cellphoneforums.net/htc/t343484-htc-evo-4g-lte-tips-tricks.html#ixzz26sSE8SGj

Journeyman

I just got the EVO 4g LTE and have this problem.   I don't see any responses, did you ever get it solved?