cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect HTC sync to my phone

Journeyman

Can't connect HTC sync to my phone

I already installed HTC SYNC 3.0.5617 FOR HTC EVO DESIGN 4G™ (SPRINT) |                                     01.31.2012, and updated to the latest version, but I still cannot connect my phone to my computer, I am using windows 7 64 bit, anyone have the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

If you are using the htc 4gLTE  it does not use HTC Sync  but uses Sync manager instead

Install on a Windows Computer

1. 1. Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. 2. On the Choose a connection type screen of your HTC phone, select HTC Sync Manager, and then touch Done.
  3. 3. When you see the AutoPlay window appear on your computer screen, click HTC Sync Manager. If there’s no HTC Sync Manager found on your computer, your Web browser will automatically open and take you to the HTC website.
  4. 4. Download the HTC Sync Manager installer to your computer.
  5. 5. Double-click the installer you’ve downloaded and follow the onscreen instructions to install HTC Sync Manager.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you provide a link for HTC Sync manager, seems like HTC took it off their website

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the sync manager software and keep getting the same error message once the installer file gets to the "HTC Driver Installer" my computer outputs a dialogue box with code I've tried everythign HTC has said to do (including but no limited too, changing usb ports, install/reinstall reboot, differnt browers downloading the file, fire wall on/off and virus protection on/off.  I think their may be a hiccup with this softare as far as the driver installer goes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The htc sync manager website says it is only for the One Series.  The EVO 4G LTE is close, but it is not a "ONE".   I even tried to install to see if it would work but it did not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

See, here's the conundrum of relying on external companies for your core products, you’re a cell phone company that don’t make your cell phones so when something’s wrong… it isn’t their fault. 

HTC makes phones but not the software that runs on it so when something’s wrong… it isn’t their fault. 

Google make the software that runs the apps but not all the apps so when something’s wrong… it isn’t their fault.

HTC writes the client sync app but the server side on the PC is powered by Nero so when something’s wrong… it isn’t their fault. 

Nero didn’t write their media transfer engine for THIS cell phone PLUS most of the coding was sourced to programmers on some other part of the planet, so if something’s wrong… is isn’t their fault.

But Sprint sold the phone that put us in this predicament so they get the BLAME!!!

So Sprint moderator… enter a ticket so your QA division can contact the HTC phone liaison and inform him of the problem so he can enter a ticket so their QA support can escalate the ticket which will then be routed to the phone division that will route it to the software division that will assign it to the team that writes the PC software that utilizes the Nero libraries to sync to the Android phone. 

And fix it today!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat