cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get HTC Sync to see phone

20 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone

I pretty much gave up on the HTC Sync manager. I tried the sync manager which would for some reason keep crashing. Then I tried regular HTC Sync which would not sync with my internal storage on the phone. It kept telling me no SD card present,,, which is true as all my media is stored internally on the phone.

Someone suggested AirDroid as an alternative which I like much better anyways as all the syncing can be done wirelessly.

Wizard

Shane,

What size of SD card are you using when you connect to your computer?

Wizard

That's interesting.  I am using a W7/64 pc as well.  I did a clean wipe of my laptop and only installed Win7 and Sync Mgr and that's the error I got.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Wizard

The one I tested on the other day was W7 64, I will try to get more information on that error though.

Wizard

Yes.  I am getting the following error message:  "Device unavailable. Please reconnect your device. [10001]" (see below). 

According to the guy I spoke with at HTC, they are aware of the 10001 error.  Through some tinkering, this issue appears to be a failure to load the SD card when the device is connecting to the computer.  While the guy stated the SD card was required for sync mgr to work, removal of the SD card allowed the program to finally recognize the phone....of course, syncing is difficult when most of the saved stuff is on the sd card!!

The HTC person said they will need to push another update out to address this issue (no timeline was given).  I actually had a clean, new Win7 install with nothing on it but the Sync Manager, and I got the error.  So, this seems like something on their end.  Are you running Win7?  Do you have a 32bit or 64bit pc?

screen.jpg

Wizard

pharaoh0 wrote:

This has now been updated to version 1.0.39.1.

For some, this may work.  For others, they may be a 10001 error (htc says they are working on this).

I was able to get it to work on my end, originally I did have an issue with the device not being recognized but when I originally plugged in the phone I already had Sync Manager open so I closed it down and reopened it and toggled the sync setting on the phone and it came up and worked.

Are you getting the 10001 error pharaoh0?

Wizard

This has now been updated to version 1.0.39.1.

For some, this may work.  For others, they may be a 10001 error (htc says they are working on this).

Wizard

Well....the website says it now works with the Evo 4G LTE....HOWEVER, it still doesn't work.  Not sure what the deal is, but the version is still the old version, 1.0.34.4169.  I would think they would need to either upgrade the version or send an update to phone for this to now work.  Perhaps someone forgot to link to the new version on the website.  But, thanks for looking for this.

Shane_M wrote:

pharaoh0 wrote:

No problem.  I understand.... I was very annoyed when they sent me that reply.   I really, really like the new Sync Manager.  It is finally something that can compete with iTunes.  And once you install it and see it, you learn that someone didn't turn the switch on and you can't use it.  So, I completely understand.  I hope they get this resolved quickly because HTC Sync 3.2.30 isn't cutting it.

This should be corrected now and supports the EVO 4G LTE. Let me know if you have any issues with using Sync Manager please.

Master

I'll have to give it a shot when I get home. Thank for the update Shane.

Wizard

pharaoh0 wrote:

No problem.  I understand.... I was very annoyed when they sent me that reply.   I really, really like the new Sync Manager.  It is finally something that can compete with iTunes.  And once you install it and see it, you learn that someone didn't turn the switch on and you can't use it.  So, I completely understand.  I hope they get this resolved quickly because HTC Sync 3.2.30 isn't cutting it.

This should be corrected now and supports the EVO 4G LTE. Let me know if you have any issues with using Sync Manager please.