cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send email

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't send email

"Unable to send email"  At first I could send emails fine.  Then someone at work was messing around with my email settings and now I can't send any.  I tried deleting my email account and adding it new again, restarting phone, with wifi on and off.  Nothing.  Any ideas?

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

What type of email is it? Hotmail, work, isp, etc.?

Highlighted
Master

Have you tried Clearing Data and Cache for the mail client?

I'm assuming it's the Mail app, if so,

• Settings > Apps > All Tab > Mail

Just in case it's the Gmail app,

• Settings > Apps > All Tab > Gmail

Then setup your accounts again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Its a standard hotmail email account.   It worked fine for the first 3 days I had then phone, then it stopped working.  I tried deleting the account and setting it up as new and didn't work.  Tried a cold boot, Nothing.  Took it back to the sprint store and several people tried for over an hour and couldn't get it to sync.  I took it home and played with it for a few hours and then I tried something that did work.  I deleted the account, THEN did a cold boot (held the power button for 10 seconds or so) then I setup the hotmail account as new and it worked after a few mins.  Great!!  

But....  It only worked for a few days and now I'm back to not syncing again!  So I tried the same method as above but this time I didn't fix it.  Did a "Chat" with sprint and he just told me to do the same basic things that anyone would try and didn't really understand the problem was more than pressing the refresh button.  So, I hung up with them, shut my phone off for a while and will turn it back on in a few hours.  I'll try the method above again and if it doesn't work, its going back to the sprint store.

A side note.  I asked him for a credit on my account and he said no.  I said I have a new $600, 1 week old, 2 year contract phone with no email that I've taken back to the sprint store once already.  He said he couldn't give me a credit.  I've been with sprint for over 10 years now.  Never missed a payment, auto pay in full.  You would think they would want more people like me.  And they charged me a $38.25 phone upgrade fee.... Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Master

Another thing to try, which will rule out whether another app is causing the problem, is booting to Safe Mode.

Restart the device. At the first white boot screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until about the third booth screen at which point you will feel a very quick vibrate followed by a much longer one. After this, you can release the volume button. The phone will finish booting and display Safe Mode in the bottom left corner.

See if it still doesn't work.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat