cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you undelete an app?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Can you undelete an app?

Deleted HTC Watch app by mistake (because I wasn't paying attention) but don't know how to get it back/ re-install it. Any help? Any one?

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Can you undelete an app?

Sorry for the inconvenience. HTC Watch app is a default app on that device, only way to get back the app  is reset  the phone to factory defaults. I would suggest you to backup your info to sd card and then reset. I duplicated the same thing on lab phone, I deleted the app and try to find the app in Google Market, couldn’t able to find so decided to reset the phone to factory defaults  and HTC APP was there on the device after reboot.

Abe

Master

I'm assuming you went to the following,

Settings > Apps > All Tab

Found Watch and selected Uninstall? Or did you just remove the widget?

If the former, you may need to get in touch with HTC a the following, see if they have a link to get the app back.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support

Your other option is as Abe mentioned, Hard Reset. I'm looking for alternatives, but not looking good.

If the later, you should be able to re add it like any other widget.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Did you try...Menu > Personalize > Widget > Watch > Select?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was the app not the widget.. Thanks All!

Master

BTW, I confirmed with HTC, here's there reply,

Dear XXXXXXX,

I understand you have uninstalled the HTC Watch application from your HTC device. I would be more than happy to assist you with this application inquiry. You mention that you would like to try to get the application back without having to complete a factory reset on your Android device. I realize that you would like to avoid having to complete a factory reset; but this is the only way that you would be able to get the HTC Watch application to install back onto your phone. The reset would allow the software along with the application to re-load onto your device properly. You should be aware that this process would delete all of your personal information from the device memory. You need to consider backing up your information. If you have Google Contacts and Calendar, you need to confirm that your information is synchronizing with the Google server.

If you happen to use Outlook on your computer, you can use the sync software so you should download the software from the worldwide HTC website (http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager). You should install the appropriate version of the sync software depending on your Android device.

Reset Your Phone Using the Phone Keys

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume down button then press POWER BUTTON.

2. When the phone display turns on, release the power and volume buttons.

3. Use the volume button to select FACTORY RESET then press POWER BUTTON. All data on your phone will be deleted.

Let me know how things work after you complete the factory reset on your device. I thank you for sending your email to HTC today.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Danielle

HTC

The only other way I can see to recover it is to go over to XDA and find a ROM with it and extract it. Easy to do if your up to it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat