cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot answer the phone without unlocking first and text messages will not go out until reboot

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot answer the phone without unlocking first and text messages will not go out until reboot

I've been a big fan of HTC since I first purchased the EVO 4G.  This new device is horrible.  I have my phone pin protected and every other day, it has a fit and I cannot answer the phone unless I unlock it first.  It starts out fine after a reboot, but then goes to this mode of acting stunned.  I also cannot send any text messages unless I reboot the device.  Once I do that, it's fine for a while.  Anybody else having issues like this?

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Cannot answer the phone without unlocking first and text messages will not go out until reboot

I have the same issue, since the upgrade- and it happens about once a week for me. along with the customer ringtone issue, andthe text messaging issue- Wishing I had gotten the Samsung III, but I may bite the bullet and get it anyways since HTC doesn't appear to give a heck about all these bugs their update caused...

Master

Re: Cannot answer the phone without unlocking first and text messages will not go out until reboot

Try going to Manage Apps, Force Closing Phone and Clearing Data.

• Settings > Apps > All Tab > Phone

Click Force Stop button, followed by Clear Data button after it computes size.

Buddy of mine had the same problem, we did the above and it hasn't happened since.

I'll see what I can find on the messaging issue. Have you noticed what the Bar status shows when the messages don't go out?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Ihave done the force stop and cleared data, working good so far. I will update if any additional issues with the answer/unlock. I havent noticed the bars when the text messages do not go through, but I will keep my eye on it when it happens again...

Master

Keep us informed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat