cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make/receive phone calls and texts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cant make/receive phone calls and texts

I have full bars and still i cant make a phone call or send a text, my brother with Samsung Galaxy S II sitting next to me called me, my phone didn't get anything, my phone didn't ring at all. and then when i tried to call him i get this message.

Screenshot_2012-08-11-17-49-17.png

My zip code is : 80909

I tried everything, i updated my PRL, profile, turned my phone off and back on and etc, and still didn't work, my brother and i are in the same family plan, and stuff but he can make phone calls and i cant so I'm assuming it's the device? or is it sprint network issue?

Oh one more thing, I can go on the internet, facebook and stuff, but i just Cant make/receive phone calls and texts

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Cant make/receive phone calls and texts

was this right after you did any update on the phone?...

Journeyman

no it suddenly happened

Journeyman

1 hour and 27 minutes on the phone with sprint, and the problem have not been resolved, now i cant connect to the internet anymore and I have an X over my signal bars, Sprint said at the end its a problem with the tower and it should be fixed by tomorrow =_=', terrible sprint coverage if the tower is down then they should warn people at least and make sure people are not disconected what if i have an emergency, shame on sprint.

Journeyman

I still can't make/ recoeve phone calls, this is annoying, freakin Sprint.

Journeyman

did you go into networking and turn LTE off?

that worked for me.

GrandMaster

yournanme wrote:

1 hour and 27 minutes on the phone with sprint, and the problem have not been resolved, now i cant connect to the internet anymore and I have an X over my signal bars, Sprint said at the end its a problem with the tower and it should be fixed by tomorrow =_=', terrible sprint coverage if the tower is down then they should warn people at least and make sure people are not disconected what if i have an emergency, shame on sprint.

unless for some reason the tower youre using is over capacity...its not a network issue...especially since youre brother was right next to you and was able to make a call..on the same plan that youre on..did they have you type in a bunch of *#* symobls along with some numbers? what all did they have you try? its for sure they had you power cycle the phone already. at least i hope they did

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I tried everything, sprint made my dial bunc of "#" numbers and stuff, even did a factory reset, and stil didn't work, so they told me to go to the store and get a new one, so I did, they even tried thier factory reset and wiped all the data, and still didn't work, so it was the device, so they got me a new one. and now it works.

GrandMaster

yah the one trick they have you do with the #*# thing basically resets your connection to the towers...it deletes all the tower info and makes your phone look for a new connection as if it was the first time turning the phone on out of the box...if you still remember the info they had you enter and the code for your phone then it will come in handy down the road for sure.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I'd be interested to know what the *# sequence is, I already have my MSL number for the phone. 

You know, just in case. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

WAY old post..but for future needs the code is ##72786# and depending on which device you have you might or might not need your MSL number..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat