cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default calendar

Journeyman

Change default calendar

I have multiple google calendars and its defaulting to a secondary calendar when i make new appointments.

This started after the Jelly Bean update.

Regardless of which calendar i chose, it's labeled as my email address in the create/edit appointment screen.

I can only tell after after I create the appointment that it's in the wrong calendar due to the color.

I have tried manually changing to another calendar and saving, hoping it would stick for the next appointment (like it did in ICS) but it did not.

Is anyone else having this problem? Am I missing something obvious?

Its driving me crazy to specifiy a calendar every time a make a new appointment.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Change default calendar

Check the following under the Calendar app.

• Menu > Settings > Apply Settings to

Should be set for your Gmail acct.

The other thing you can try is turning off the other calendars altogether, Upper left corner, press the Calendar pull down and Un-Check the other calendars. Then add an event to see that it only goes to the Gmail calendar. Then try enabling the other calendars and seeing it it still goes ot the Gmail calendar by default.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I couldn't find "apply settings to" in settings.

I also tried turning off the calendar in view settings and it turned it back on by it self when I made a new appointment.

I'm at a loss.

Journeyman

where can i submit a bug to htc?

Wizard

That is a big problem - would be for me too.

What about downloading and using Google Calendar from the Google Play store versus that HTC calendar app?

I've also used and enjoyed Business Calendar.

Or I've got a calendar quick event add widget I use that might fix you up short term until HTC gets it ironed out.

Journeyman

Tell me more about this widget...

Google's calendar app works, but it feels clumsy in comparison.

Could it be something in my gmail account?

When I removed the 2 alternate calendars (one I share with my wife, and another I use with a time clock app) it defaulted to an exchange account, and still wouldnt stick when I changed it and saved an appointment.

Wizard

I'll PM you for your email address and send you the widget.

I haven't followed the HTC Evo LTE jelly bean bug threads or anything so I wouldn't know if this is common issue.

But what about going into Settings>Application manager and clearing the cache and data and force closing the HTC calendar app...Kind of like resetting it maybe. Calendar should sync back into the phone after that. I assume you don't save anything to the 'phone' right? you have all calendar events backing up to Google...

Wizard

Actually, it's an app called Quick Event, by Dr. Appche; not a widget. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdr.quickadd&hl=en

Just put that on a homescreen and after you add the first calendar appt through it, it should default to that calendar next time. See if it works for you like it does me. You can turn the sound input off in the settings of the app.

Need any help let me know.

Dr. Appche also has a sweet widgets pack full of great calendar, bookmark, people, messaging widgets and more. I can send that to you as well. It's APW, Android Pro Widgets.

Master

mrbjc wrote:

I couldn't find "apply settings to" in settings.

I also tried turning off the calendar in view settings and it turned it back on by it self when I made a new appointment.

I'm at a loss.

Sorry, I was out on vacation the last 2 weeks so didn't see allot of posts.

To answer this question, if you have the "All Calendars" option selected, the "Apply Settings to" option is hidden as it's nolonger needed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

mrbjc wrote:

where can i submit a bug to htc?

At the following,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support

--

Journeyman

found the setting, still didnt resolve my issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat