Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation from Sprint - HTC

Journeyman

Re: Compensation from Sprint - HTC

MIKEBEAM wrote:

I work for a new car dealership...

Well, that does explain EVERYTHING. Yes, Mike, I and most people here know that they will either get a phone or a refund... the latter is proving harder for those who go that route as they essentially have to do everything just shy threaten legal action to get a refund. Kind of like what it was like the last time I was in a new car dealership and decided their offer wasn't what I wanted, I had to do everything including threatening to call the police to get my keys back from the car I was going to trade in.

And sorry to say, Mike, yes, you are owed something from Sprint. You're owed information. You're owed, as a paying customer, an email explaining the facts, straight up, apologizing for the delay, and a promise to keep you informed at the very least. And for those who decide this is BS and want to cancel, they're owed a seamless, no BS refund process, not jumping through hoops. It's called Customer Service. It's something you'll never learn on a car lot. Working on a car lot is something I don't even really consider a real job. Your chances of having repeat customers in the time you're there is slim, you don't get paid unless you sell, sell, sell, so you have every incintive to tie someone to a car, ANY car, and not let them walk out the door, since letting them walk is watching rent, or food, or life's essentials walk out the door with them.

Get a real job where you actually have to work to retain customers and tell me how you feel after 6 months. I work in IT and own a small consulting company. If I don't communicate with my customers everything, I lose them, and they don't come back. 99% if something goes wrong when they want compensation, they're really saying they want information. When I tell them what happened, they drop the demand for compensation.

If Sprint refuses to communicate with it's customers on this issue, I will be calling in on the 18th for a credit on my bill. Why? They have failed to communicate with me, and if they can't tell me what's going on, they can comp me for my wasted time. What I'd prefer is to have a 30 minute conversation with one or two of their VP's where I'd tell them how to run a business and the importance of communicating with customers, but I don't forsee that happening since Sprint's entire corporate apparatus has closed up like a sphincter holding in a shart.

Journeyman

I think we can all agree it does suck not getting the phone when we were expecting it. I am a huge Android fan, and I love HTC sense, I use to have a Palm Pre and then went to the EVO 4G to the EVO 3D. I am sorry if I made anyone mad, I believe Sprint is just as surprised as we are and I really don't think they would have set a launch date if they knew this would happen.

Journeyman

and mike you need to remember we all have different stories

i upgraded my plan already so i could use this phone when i got it

and have already ordered and bought a 32gb card

so thats all money im out and didnt need to spend if this hadnt have happened

and yes if you read the posts and the articles on line

htc and sprint had an idea this would happen but told no one !

thats why i put in the title HTC and Sprint

its by no means their fault but its their responsablity to give us all the

information pertaining to the 200 they took from us

including the fact they were gambleing with that money that phones would be released on time

Journeyman

I do have a real job I have been in my service department for 10 years and I have a lot of repeat customers that have become friends and in my line of business it is hard to get new customers than it is to keep the ones you have. I have to work hard because I have 5 kids, my oldest is 20 and in the Navy, and my youngest is 5. I do agree with you that an email with the situation should have been sent to us but it is not going to get our phones to us any faster. I truely believe Sprint was blind sided by all this and caught off guard. I am sure if you are wanting a refund they will have things worked out tomorrow for you and others. Sorry if I upset you. I and I hope you issue is resolved to you satisfaction. I wish you all the best.

Journeyman

WOW!!! And I thought I was the worst customer in the world to deal with. I got emails for about a month that the LTE was going to be available for pre-order on May 7th. I was going to go with the Epic Touch because I had a full upgrade credit avail as of May 1st...and from what I've read, I'm glad I didn't take that route. But reading that Sprint had a new HTC phone coming just put me into a holding patern until the pre-order date. When I went to the store that morning and got my name on the list (I'm first)...I was told very clearly..."We don't know when we're going to see this phone in the store. But I know that it won't be in May, because I've already seen the Sell Sheet for May and the EVO LTE isn't on it. We'll contact you as soon as we know anything" I don't know what anybody else was told...but I do know that talking to customer service on the phone is about as reliable as asking your toilet seat when you're looking for a clear and acurate answer. CSR's have scripts and flowcharts to get them through whatever call they get. Sometimes you're lucky enough to speak to the first reps supervisor, who "MAY(???)" be able to give you a better answer. I was told by the store rep and a phone rep this morning that the LTE would be available on Friday the 18th as planned. Then...I received a call this afternoon that the launch date of the 18th had been postponed, and that I would be the 2nd one to know the new date right behind hearing it themselves.

Being the first to have this phone in your hands is most likely only going to allow you to be the first person aware of whatever problems there are with it right out of the box. Everybody else will either read it on here...or find out for themselves whenever they buy the phone. The difference of 1 or 2 days...gives those others the serenity of being clueless about any delays and customs issues. With that being the case...was all of this really worth what some people are putting themselves through??? Please keep in mind that I'm in the pre-order boat myself, like everybody else. I'm just happy that I have the phone I'm using now to use until whenever...

Journeyman

Well...  I wish I had a phone to use.  Maybe then I wouldn't be so upset about this.  However, as things currently sit, I have no phone (at all) because I started a new line of service with this phone, and I can't go get a new phone and service with a different carrier because Sprint has my $200 hijacked at this point.  I just hope the news from ISN is true, and the phones will ship early next week at the latest.

Journeyman

Hello Fellow victims

While I agree sprint acted like polititicians trying to avoid scandal ,I remind you that the selfish Galactic Empire known as APPLE (king of the I-toys) is equally (if not) more so to blame.

When someone steals your idea you SUE!!!....not screw the customers over

I have already sent some hate mail to apple and am boycotting all their I-crap I suggest you do the same

right or wrong APPLE was greedy and selfish for trying to use the customers' anger to bring google to their knees

I never liked any of the Icrap before and HATE them now

I plan on sticking by sprint(even though they were politician-weesly and I hope google and the people bring APPLE to their knees

DOWN w/The fruit phone!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

It's about time for Apple to be back to nothing more than a grey box to play Oregon Trail on in the back of an elementary school classroom.

Highlighted
Master

BradMColo and MIKEBEAM,

I've reviewed and reject several of your posts this morning based on content and sentiment.

These posts are trolling and flaming, in clear violation of the Sprint Community Guidelines. This practice, if continued, is a bannable offense.

Consider this your warning.

Journeyman

Sorry I did not mean to offend no one.

Journeyman

Double negative...  You just said you meant to offend someone.  I can't help myself.

MIKEBEAM wrote:

Sorry I did not mean to offend no one.

Journeyman

Here's a real simple idea.

Some reports are coming out that the phones may be able to ship today or tomorrow.

If they get cleared to ship today or tomorrow, Sprint, pay for Saturday delivery with UPS.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat