cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation from Sprint - HTC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Compensation from Sprint - HTC

Noooooo! Delivery is for my office.. nobody will be here to receive it!

Highlighted
Master

Doctechx,

Your last comment wasn't really necessary. It has been rejected.

mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

i replied earlier to another post about compensation but i think it was deleted.

I do think we should be compensated but not because the phone was delayed but because the loyal customers that preodered the phones had to find out for themselves about eveything going on.

I could have delat with the dealy if i was treated like a valued customer instaed of traeted like i wasnt important enough to even get an email or having my order status say something about it. I only found out abou this on accident. I went to google the phone from a friends computer at work while i was talking to him at his desk. I googled sprint evo 4g lte and the first things i saw was about a delay? at that point is whan i started to check my staus and email.

now it seems other lpaces like best buy are emailing there customers ( i ordered from sprint directly...NEVER AGAIN) but i have still yet to see my order staus change or get en email about this.

Everything i know i found out by looking for it on my own. I feel bad for the rest of the peopl who are unaware still about this and thinking they are getting there phones on friday.

i feel more wronged that sprint does not think enough of us who already gave out our money to contact us. even if it was only to point us to the forums on the website. its wrong and for that i feel wronged.

I didtn appreciate finding out the way i did when i was very gung ho about sprint and the new phones. i see where i stand after 12 years of being a customer and preordering through the sprint website. pffff.   theres nothing i can do but i wont forget. now all i can do is complain about everything and call customer support about every dropped call and bad experiance i have, where normally i would just let it slide. compensation would help though...not that i want anything great just something to say hey we are sorry we didnt let you know that your phone was held up and we appreciate you as a customer. not just writing it in a forum and havine customer servcei reps just reapaet the same line to everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You're right...  That was completely off topic.  Funny, but off topic nonetheless. 

mapesy wrote:

Doctechx,

Your last comment wasn't really necessary. It has been rejected.

mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

My first post here.  I'm like a bunch of us here, I can't wait to get the Evo 4G LTE!  I agree that Sprint should compensate us but not until after tomorrow which was the official release date.  An activiation credit would be greatly appreciated.  I am a 15-year Sprint customer and have had good and bad with Sprint customer service.  I also agree that Sprint's biggest crime is not sending emails to the folks who pre-ordered.

I was also frustrated that my credit card was charged on May 7th and I am possibly not getting my phone for another two weeks or so.  Much to my surprise this morning, I checked my bank account and noticed that my monthly bill (auto-payment) to Sprint was reduced by $216.49.  Wasn't sure what that was all about so I went to the Sprint my account page and reviewed my recent payments screen.  They counted the $$$ that American Express sent to them as a partial payment for my bill this month.  I didn't expect that.  So...  I am not out of pocket any $$ right now.  I imagine that when I receive the phone, my bill will increase by that amount but hey...  They are NOT sitting on my $$$ which is a good thing!

Journeyman

So i got a call last night from the sprint and the cancelled my order upon my earlier request, though i have not gotten my money back yet. i do see that my sprint account is -212.49. i hope i get this back today. i am still going to get the phone but now i can get it from somewhere else for cheaper or get a BB gift card with the phone. normally i would have just said it was my fault for not looking at other places before i bought from sprint, but i am spiteful about what is happeneing here and said to myself that i am not going to pay more to them when they have no reguard for me as a customer.

How is it that all the BB customers had recieved an email about the delay before the sprint customers?

I would have liked Sprint to be out in front with the information about the dealy, even if it was just a warning and info about why it might be delayed. I would have thought a lot more highly of them if they would have done that, instead i think of them as another uncaring company.

my big surparise for me from the all of this is that i think more highly of Best Buy then i have in the past.

When someone preoders something it usually means that they are somewhat involved in the community of what they are preordering i.e. they are going to websites, reading articales or generally staying ontop of whats comming out. as oppsed to people who only know when they go to the store to buy something.

for sprint to treat this group of people in this way shows tht they have no insight on there front line of users. (i like that "Front line users" thats mine if no one has used that before)

if i was sprint i would treat my front line of users a little better, i bet if sprint would have sent out an email with a warning (for example: due to customs there might be a delay in shipping, we are monitoring the situation and will keep you informed about any developments blah blah blah....and for our loyal)

I work in the IT department of my company and i know there are about 48 people here that know whats going on now because i have been pitching a fit over this. and Best buy got some props from me since a lso said i should have order it from Best Buy instead. I guess they just let there front line get destroyed and let the disent just go away on its own by ignoring it.

they are tip-toeing around there new frenemy apple and now apple gave them an indirect stab in the back...HTC is to blam also. with this being the first phone out after the date for the patent ruling they should have provide a phone earlier to be cleared before hand.

so heres my final score

Best Buy +1 for early email +1 for addtional emails +1 for promotion Gift Card with Purchase

Sprint -1 for no email before -1 for no update to order status page -1 for no promotion incentives (could have been that poeple who ordered from sprint website only got it early) -1 for no compensation

HTC -1 for not providing a phone for inspection before

Apple (the cult) -100 for being A hole (sprint you don't have to cater to them, they would have came to you eventually - your not making money from there phones and they just cost you something thats not easy to get back)

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I pre-ordered my phone, I noticed that my monies in my account were in limbo. I called Sprint and they told me that they don't take the money out till it ships. Of course, the next day, the funds WERE taken out and all of the sudden on Wednesday, we find out about the customs hold. I understood it till I talked to a buddy at a local Sprint Corporate store who told me, they were told about the hold on Monday?!

I will NOT cancel my order because going from my current EVO 3D to the new phone is no big deal and that's for my personal Sprint account. But, there is a price for deception. My boss, who is the owner of our company had me cancel our current Corporate Sprint Service and move it to another carrier after he heard that Sprint knew about this long ago and said nothing. That is 14 lines! That may not be alot, but I do wonder how many others really did cancel their service. I do know that alot of our employees are very happy about getting brand new phones!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seriously it is quite simple and I am going to call a spade a spade.

HTC knew this was coming (they are at fault)

Sprint had to of known about this FROM HTC (so they are at fault as well) but they thought (SPRINT) they could push it to the max, take our money and "maybe we wont get stuck in customs" and then to not even update us all accordingly is total ****.

Even HTC should have had something about this on their website (its complete bullocks).

And lastly, dirty Apple (although I don’t hold them as much at fault as the other two) should feel bad about what they are doing. Every phone uses this tech and HTC fixed this (I have seen websites showing the fix). They play dirty and try to monopolize everything and although it is dirty it is business so I can’t really fault them too much. I just have lost a ton of respect for them and the way they handled this.

As a person that dropped and broke his original EVO on April 28th, I pre-ordered as well (through Best BUY) and am currently without a phone period. I live by myself in a major city with no family around and it just makes life that much more difficult (thank goodness for Skype or Google calls) and as some people are screaming "Its okay, the delay is fine" it truly is not. You order a product you expect to receive that product within the timeframe promised to you and if you cannot deliver on this time frame then you should not promise it to begin with. SPRINT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TAKING PRE-ORDERS and no one else for that matter. (Note: By the time I receive my phone (If I even do) I will have paid for either close to over a month for a plan I did not use AT ALL).

But I will say at least I got TWO not ONE but TWO emails from Best Buy yesterday addressing this situation (and I am sure they know less than SPRINT) even if the information was premature (a follow-up email to that info was sent out to me) they did SOMETHING as opposed to Sprint and HTC (whom really did nothing...I aint even counting that BS comment on the forum...TWO DAYS LATER). I would much rather have information even if it is not entirely correct with quick follow-ups and updates to that info then to have nothing at all. Just saying I think this whole thing is bonkers and so ridiculous.

Side Note:

Could this have gone through Customs earlier in order for this to have been inspected with still being able to meet the launch date (or the launch date should not have even been addressed until these phones were cleared)?

I know the S3 is coming in June and I can bet my bottom dollar Samsung is taking note and this will not happen to them. PERIOD.

Another Side Note:

If these phones do not clear the **** is really going to hit the fan so let’s pray all goes well for HTC and Sprint bc right now they need each other more than ever (this phone is supposed to be Sprints cream of the crop) and HTC had an awful 2011 fiscal year so they needed this as well.

Sincerely,

A rational yet still frustrated LOYAL HTC enthusiast and Sprint customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just curious how every one can blame Sprint. If you look at what happened you can see that the AT&T version of the phone already had so many units shipped into the US, showing that the phone had already cleared customs.  In my belief what happened is apple saw the best oppurtunity to hit HTC. They reissued their grievence right before the launch of the LTE obviously because Sprint has been the largest seller of HTC phones in the US.  If you ask me this is apple. See what happens after Steve Jobs dies, they lost any shread of integrity they had left.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem is Sprint put that phone up for sale on their site. They exchanged funds for goods. Technically a contract. Granted it was a pre-order which one can only reasonable understand no exact date was promised. But with the understanding it was soon as the launch date was near event hough that was not released to us when we pre-ordered it. Sprint knew the launch date.

Now it can be a couple things. Sprint was misled by someone else ie. Apple, ITC, or HTC and went ahead with the ordering.

Or Sprint had knowledge this could go down but still took the orders.

So their could be some deception on the contract of selling the phone under the terms it was sold. But there is no way anyone of us will ever prove that unless you want to spend your time digging through ITC documents and statements from HTC.

And then what, you can't sue Sprint for a bad contract because Sprint will refund you the money. So nobody is out any damages.

Regardless I think the best thing they can do is just waive the stupid $36 activation fee as gesture to calm the masses and hopefully the phone will show up soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Waiving the activation fee does nothing for me, since my AAA membership gets that waived for me anyway. If the phone shows on or before the 23rd...everybody is whining over a 5 day delay. Let's all be honest here. Everybody wants something for nothing, and the fact that the phones got held up, just gives everyone a basis to argue for a freebie. It would be nice to see Sprint possibly do something for those that pre-ordered, but I'm not counting on it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am a long time Sprint customer (a decade plus) with FIVE lines, and I am very disappointed in Sprint.

I don't blame Sprint or HTC for the customs delay. But I do think Sprint has handled this very badly with its customers.

First of all, we are reading here about the Evo clearing customs. If that's true, that is great. But why is Sprint silent. It would not be hard for Sprint to send email updates. When it does clear, what is the delivery schedule?

I think there are two musts here. Since everyone who went to Amazon, Best Buy, etc is spending $50 less than the people who gambled and preordered with Sprint, and got CHARGED IN ADVANCE, a $50 per phone preorder credit is a MUST. I insist on that. And I think we need to be told the new estimated delivery date.

That's not asking much. But if Sprint wants to avoid angering customers over what should have been its proudest moment, now is the last chance for the company whose customer service is not anywhere near as good as they claim.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat