cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conetrion problems in Portland OR

Highlighted
Journeyman

Conetrion problems in Portland OR

Whats the deal sprint one second it says I have full 3g because I have figured out you dont have 4g on 4g phones yet wich they never menchend that when I was paying my $200 bucks for this phone at the store.  But I cant even get 3g coverage I mean it will say I have 3g like I am connected to the sprint network but there is no data connecton.  I only have about a week left beore I take this phone back so I guess my question is will I ever get data service on this phone or should I just switch to ATT or verizon?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Conetrion problems in Portland OR

If your having 3G issues, you'll need to get in touch with Sprint so they can check out the towers in your area. You might want to download OpenSignal which has various tools which can help determine if you have tower issues from a user standpoint. I would also try to get a holde of Shane_M or 14Knight on this forum both of which have been helping users figure out their connectivity issues.

As for LTE, Portland is schedule for Round 2 deployment which will probably be around September of this year, as Round 1 deployments are taking place on July 15th.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-81-portland-oregon-is-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-o...

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Conetrion problems in Portland OR

I just want to confirm you have checked your 3G/Data connection is turned on in your settings correct? (Menu > Settings > Mobile Networks) If you browse to a site what type of error do you receive when trying to pull up something like www.yahoo.com or www.mlb.com? I would be glad to check the area as well if you can post a zip code or even better the address of a nearby business like McDonalds or Starbucks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat