cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect EVO LTE To USB Input on TV To Watch Movies?

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: Connect EVO LTE To USB Input on TV To Watch Movies?

Media Share is an app on the LTEVO within the app drawer. Not available on the OEVO unless it was added in that last MR that came out.

Wizard

Media Share says it works with DLNA enabled devices, it also seems to work with non DLNA certified UPNP devices, I prefer to use the Media share because my TV seems to have trouble with anything but JPEGs.

Wizard

its an icon labeled "Media Share" just go to ALL applications and you will see the icon.

GrandMaster

And media share is located, on both the OEVO and the LTEVO......where?

Master

Nope, this is connected via WiFi only. The Media Share only functions on a WiFi network.

GrandMaster

now is this while connected with the usb or ?

Master

Make sure your connected to your home WiFi and launch Media Share on the device. Then goto the Media Share section on your Xbox or PS3. Tell it to search for media servers. If you have allot of images or vides it can take a while to show up th efirst time. I think it took 10-15min before it finally showed my LTEVO. At which point you can navigate to what you want to play or view.

Also, I have the PS3, but talking to a friend who has the Xbox, he says he can access Media Servers as well.

Journeyman

If you have movies on an SD card in your phone, you could plug a USB cable into your phone and your TV, and mount the SD card as a disk to your TV. But the format on the SD card would have to be a file format that your TV recognizes. Question: If you have a USB stick with movies on it, and plug that into your TV, can you watch those movies on your TV? The same will work with the movies on your phone's SD card.

If you want what displays on your phone to display on your TV, then you need either the MicroUSB MHL to HDMI cable, or the Media Share doo dad.

GrandMaster

i tried a few times and gave up...are you able to download pics and such to your xbox? music? and how do you do it?

smotrs wrote:

You would need to do one of two things,

• MicroUSB to HDMI cable to direct connect.
  • Media Share to stream content.

The first will allow you to display on whichever HDMI input you have just like hooking up a DVD player or game system. The second will allow you to share your media with another MediaShare device. Most new TV's and DVD players as well as PS3 and Xbox allow this. I've done it several times already with my LTEVO.

Also to note, the first option will not allow you to use the phone for other things while video or photos are being displayed as steadicam says. The second however will.

Master

You would need to do one of two things,

• MicroUSB to HDMI cable to direct connect.
  • Media Share to stream content.

The first will allow you to display on whichever HDMI input you have just like hooking up a DVD player or game system. The second will allow you to share your media with another MediaShare device. Most new TV's and DVD players as well as PS3 and Xbox allow this. I've done it several times already with my LTEVO.

Also to note, the first option will not allow you to use the phone for other things while video or photos are being displayed as steadicam says. The second however will.