cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DONT GIVE UP! IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT

Highlighted
Journeyman

DONT GIVE UP! IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT

Thank you Apple for completely eliminating the thought of ever owning an Apple product out of my mind! I really hope that everyone continues to be patient and waits for the HTC EVO 4G LTE and does not cancel their pre-order. I have been without a phone for over a month just waiting for this phone. Being without a phone has been EXTREMLY difficult for me HOWEVER, the thought and effort that went into creating such an incredible device will be worth the wait. I'm rooting for the underdog! This will be my first HTC product...Sprint and HTC, you have my FULL support!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: DONT GIVE UP! IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT

I won't give up cause this will be my first Evo and my 2nd HTC phone I'll wait until July at the most

Highlighted
Journeyman

This will be my first EVO and also first HTC device, Me too! I sure hope it's alot sooner than July though lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If this were AA (apple anonymous) I would have to stand in shame and say “Hello my name is Paul, and I was an apple product owner” I am now proud to stand up and say I am no longer addicted to the evil apple empire. I would revert back to a string and a can before I would give the I-Tunes gang another penny of my money. I realize business is business, but dirty tactics and lawyers is a sign of a scared company.

Apple read the headlines, we don’t like bullies that take our lunch money (to listen to a song or watch a movie) and we root for the underdog.        

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I'm certainly not going to let Apple win, I'll wait as long as it takes to get my EVO LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed! I had actually canceled my pre-order on Friday when I got home. Then I spent the weekend looking for a phone to replace it with. The best thing I could find was the Galaxy Nexus, and I bid on one at eBay. I got stingy and decided to let the auction go to someone else. Then I started reading more about the Nexus Saturday night, and although it's a fairly decent phone, it doesn't hold a candle to the Evo IMO. I called back Sprint yesterday and reversed my pre-order. I'm on the waiting list again, and will be patient. Good things come to those who wait!

Highlighted
Master

I thought this was a very interesting quote from many of the articles, this one being from the Focus Taiwan news site which is where HTC comes from.

"We've heard some positive news from HTC's U.S. distributors. Consumer electronics chain Best Buy Co. is going to sell the EVO LTE on May 23, while mobile provider Sprint Nextel Corp. will sell the model on May 25," he told CNA by telephone.

Looks like those who ordered from Best Buy will get it before those who ordered it from Sprint.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

If that's true, it blows. At this point, I'll be delighted to get mine next week.

Highlighted
Master

BTW, for those wondering what mikeatsprint is quoting, read it here, http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNews_Detail.aspx?Type=aECO&ID=201205210005.

In a nutshell, a quote from the Focus Taiwan site says Best Buy will be getting it on the 23rd and Sprint the 25th.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

If BestBuy gets it before Sprint Pre-orders, I will be epic ticked off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think that is wishful thinking, there is NO WAY Best Buy would get a phone designed for Sprint before Sprint.  That tends to make me NOT believe the article.  I will not get my hopes up until I see and official annoucement from Sprint or a Tracking number.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat