cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Facebook, Gmail, and Hotmail notification

Journeyman

Delayed Facebook, Gmail, and Hotmail notification

I'm having this annoying issue on my phone, i receive my facebook/Gmail/Hotmail notification late, for example if someone posted on my wall or sent me a message at 1:00 PM, i receive the notification at 6:00PM and im serious yes i receive my notification 5 hours late. is there a solution for this problem?

For my hotmail it wont sync at all, it keeps saying there is no mail, i used the hotmail app that comes with the phone

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Delayed Facebook notification

anyone? is anyone at least having this problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, the delay with face book is not on Sprints network, it is a third party application that sprint can not trouble shoot, it is a known "bug", in facebook, and facebook is looking into the problem. I am not sure, where you think, facebook turns into sprint, however, its a third party application running on your phone, sprint is not liable, reliable, or required to offer suport on a third party application.

From my stand point, as a very highly active facebook user, I would be contacting facebook, via the "review" board optino on the application, or any other third party application you are using.

I am not trying to sound mean, but advising you that its not Sprint's network, its in fact Facebook.

Journeyman

Yes, the delay with face book is not on Sprints network, it is a third party application that sprint can not trouble shoot, it is a known "bug", in facebook, and facebook is looking into the problem. I am not sure, where you think, facebook turns into sprint, however, its a third party application running on your phone, sprint is not liable, reliable, or required to offer suport on a third party application.

From my stand point, as a very highly active facebook user, I would be contacting facebook, via the "review" board optino on the application, or any other third party application you are using.

I am not trying to sound mean, but advising you that its not Sprint's network, its in fact Facebook.

Journeyman

it's the device probably, because my siblings Samsung Galaxsy SII recieve their notification right at the moment, i tested it with them many times, i sent them a message on facebook and their phone get the notification in seconds, however when they send back i dont recieve anything, sometimes it takes a day to get it. so im assuming this HTC EVO 4G LTE problem, since SGS II works fine.

Master

Is Facebook the only thing having the issue? If so, that would usually indicate the app.

Same network or different network? There are some known issues with the LTEVO, though I haven't seen this one before. If other apps do the same thing, then it could be connectivity issues.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

not just facebook, also my Gmail and my hotmail.

For my hotmail it wont sync at all, it keeps saying there is no mail, i used the hotmail app that comes with the phone , im kinda disapointed that a new phone, doesn't recieve notifications on time. my old samsung instinct was better at recieving emails right at the moment.

I changed the title *

Journeyman

For e-mails, you have to choose how often they sync to your phone ... ever minute, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc... or you may have it set on manuallly check

Journeyman

I have it set as to always sync, and i have maunaully synced it and stil it says no mail.

Journeyman

Re: Delayed Facebook, Gmail, and Hotmail notification

yourname - yes, the Hotmail issue is a common issue users have been experiencing.  This isn't EVO LTE specific, as user's with different phones are experiencing the same issue.  Post your issue here (link below) and they'll get back to you.  They've been trying to help me, but I'm still having issues.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/hotmail-eas-mhotmailcom-is-not-wor...

In the meantime, I've been using the Hotmail app in the Google store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7&hl=en

Journeyman

Thanks, now im using the Hotmail App, and it seems to work so far. but it's still annoys me about my Gmail and Facebook.

Journeyman

EVO LTE users have also had issues since the last update (OTA) with Gmail too...  Do a Google search and you will find it...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat