cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the EVO 4G Pre-order amount paid go back on your sprint bill as a credit/payment?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did the EVO 4G Pre-order amount paid go back on your sprint bill as a credit/payment?

I paid my $199 + taxes on my credit card for the pre-order of the evo 4g now I have a credit on my sprint bill for that amount. Is anyone else seeing a payment applied to your sprint bill for your preorder

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Did the EVO 4G Pre-order amount paid go back on your sprint bill as a credit/payment?

yes, I have a - balance on my account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Did the EVO 4G Pre-order amount paid go back on your sprint bill as a credit/payment?

Yes I have a balance of -212.49 on my bill. I did not cancel my pre-order though. Im not sure what is going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, and it has been listed as an account credit since the time of my order on 5/7. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok I didn't cancel my preorder either I was just making sure I wasn't the only one. I am not sure if when they ship the phone they will charge it to your phone bill or what they had told me when I placed my pre-order it had to be on a credit card because they were no longer allowing you to put the purchase of a new phone on your bill.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As you stated, they charged your credit card.  They reflect that charged amount as an account credit until your phone arrives, at which point they will charge the phone back to your bill and remove the credit.  They won't allow charges to accounts because in business cash is king, so they used the revenue from pre-orders to float operations, or for interest income.  That is part of the reason people are so mad.  There is at least a potential that Sprint accepted pre-order $ knowing full well that the phones could be delayed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My next monthly bill posted yesterday, the credit on your account will disappear when this happens. Before my monthly bill I had a -$200 some odd balance after my bill it turned into a $80 some odd balance too be paid.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes,cs said it's all your account and I said I didnt make a payment I preorder a phone, you dont take my money and apply to my bill. Well it all went back to normal anyway. But I was wondering would I still get my phone since it was applied to my bill, had me worried for a minute. Bigger problem no phone to ship.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat