cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not buy HD screen protector by Zagg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do not buy HD screen protector by Zagg

Apparently the screen protector by Zagg is not properly cut for the EVO 4g LTE. I bought one today from BB and had to return it because it covered the sensor that turns off the screen when you hold it up to your face while on a call. The only way I could get the screen to respond was to go outside or go in a room and turn the lights on. In average light it would not respond at all. Save your 16 bucks on this one and wait for something else.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Do not buy HD screen protector by Zagg

rockwell3811 wrote:

Apparently the screen protector by Zagg is not properly cut for the EVO 4g LTE. I bought one today from BB and had to return it because it covered the sensor that turns off the screen when you hold it up to your face while on a call. The only way I could get the screen to respond was to go outside or go in a room and turn the lights on. In average light it would not respond at all. Save your 16 bucks on this one and wait for something else.

Good to know. Best Buy through in a free set for me because of the delay. I will not be using them.

Master

The nice thing about the HD protector though is it no longer has that orange peel or rubbery feel to the screen when applied. The new one feels almost like the natural screen, not exactly, but allot better. However, I didn't get it either because I could tell it didn't fit right and covered the sensor on the phone they showed to me.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Are there two sensors? I can clearly see one but it also looks like there's one next two it thats imbedded. When you hold it up to the light you can see what looks to be a infrared dot.

smotrs wrote:

The nice thing about hte HD protector though is it no longer has that orange peel or rubbery feel to the screen when applied. The new one feels almost like the natural screen, not exactly, but allot better. However, I didn't get it either because I could tell it didn't fit right and covered the sensor on the phone they showed to me.

Master

rockwell3811 wrote:

Are there two sensors? I can clearly see one but it also looks like there's one next two it thats imbedded. When you hold it up to the light you can see what looks to be a infrared dot.

smotrs wrote:

The nice thing about hte HD protector though is it no longer has that orange peel or rubbery feel to the screen when applied. The new one feels almost like the natural screen, not exactly, but allot better. However, I didn't get it either because I could tell it didn't fit right and covered the sensor on the phone they showed to me.

The sensor is below the left edge of the speaker under the glass, right at the top of the glass, has a square shape.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I've got one on mine, and it works great.

Journeyman

You sure you have the right protector? My zag protector has a small cut out where the sensor is. Works great for me

Journeyman

My Zagg HD has a little notch cut out for the sensor....no issues at all 

Journeyman

My Zagg HD has the notch as well. Sounds like you got a defective product or maybe didn't pay attention and put it on upside down?

Journeyman

Agreed, I made sure it worked before purchase, the BB rep that installed it did a pretty great job. No idea why the others failed tho.

Journeyman

I had Best Buy put a Zagg screen shield on my new 4G LTE. It has a notch like several other users have described, and I have not had any difficulty with it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat