cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to do this on the 4G LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know how to do this on the 4G LTE?

Love the LTE, no real issues at all.

I noticed a something that works differently on the LTE vs the OGEVO and am wondering if there is a setting somewhere to change the default behavior?

When launching a YouTube video from a URL link in an email or something, the OGEVO always prompted the user to decide to use the web or the built in YouTube app, the LTE just launches the web.  Is there a way to default to the app or at least get prompted to pick one or the other?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

If you recall, the LTEVO was stopped in customs due to a patent infringment. This patent infringment is the function your describing. To circumvent the patent infringment, HTC added App Association to the OneX series and LTEVO. What this does is assign a single function as default to the link, url, mail, etc..

To modify these, you need to go to the following,

Settings > App Associations

There is a way to get back the behavior that the OEVO had but it requires Rooting.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

smotrs,

Thanks, but I looked there before and just again now and don't see how I could point anything at the YouTube player.  Oh well, thanks Apple!

Highlighted
Master

Actually, the one that controls it is the Web URL's, unfortunately, since all YouTube links are Web URL's they get directed to the Web Browser because of the patent issue.

Kinda sucks, I know.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah.  One other thing, is there a way to see the uptime of the device?  You could do that on the OGEVO, haven't seen a way to see that on the LTE.

Highlighted
Master

Natively, you can use the dilaer and go into the INFO menu,

• *#*#4636#*#*   (it spells INFO)

Then select Battery information and the bottom entry will show Time Since Last Boot.

Otherwise, 3rd party, something like Android System Info or Uptime Widget from the Play store.

--

Journeyman

If you weren't afraid to root your device, then all it would take is adding two lines to a text file and it would disable apple's bs.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat