cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Evo 4g LTE actually tell you if you are on 4G LTE?

Journeyman

Does the Evo 4g LTE actually tell you if you are on 4G LTE?

I read that my area along with another city has just gotten upgraded to the 4G LTE. Is there anything on the phone that tells you, that you are indeed getting that speed? It obviously shows 3G on top of the phone, so I"m just curious.

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Does the Evo 4g LTE actually tell you if you are on 4G LTE?

if youre receiving a LTE signal your phone will have a 4G symbol at the top. if not then youre not picking up the LTE signal and it will only show a 3G symbol. also currently there arent any cities fully covered with LTE just yet..it will be hit and miss with signals until its fully up and going.

which city are you in by the way?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm in the Bay Area (Peninsula), CA. I was at a coffee shop last night waiting for my drink and did a speed test (wifi disabled) and got 1752kbps. I also surfed the web on Chrome and the pages were definitely faster that it has been. The second highest was 836kbps at home and the rest (also at home) were up in the mid 500kbps. I just now did a speedtest here at work (South Bay) and got 136kbps.

GrandMaster

Those speeds are about average of what most are seeing along with the NV upgrades just on 3G. the rough average people have been seeing on 4G LTE is anywhere between 10mbps up to a mind boggling 38mbps..but yah...unless its showing the 4G symbol up top for your data connection then those are your 3G speeds..which are pretty impressive none the less..

im north of sac about 2 hours and would be pretty happy with the slowest of the speeds you just posted lol.

if you want to take screen shots with your phone hit the power button and volume down at the same time and it will take a snap shot of  your screen. you can then post what you are seeing if you wish

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat