cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR CODE 1233 HTC EVO 4G LTE - 1 week old

Journeyman

ERROR CODE 1233 HTC EVO 4G LTE - 1 week old

Store reset my one week old phone due to the error code 1233 and "upgraded" the software; but, it back to the same after a couple of hours.

10 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: ERROR CODE 1233 HTC EVO 4G LTE - 1 week old

Take it back to store.

I've never seen Error code 1233 in my store (top 100 in the nation) and I can't find it as a Sprint error code in the database. The only information I can find about it around the Internet is specific to HTC devices and it seems to be related to rooted phones unable to get updates. So I don't think it's a Sprint-specific error, more it is an HTC-specific error code.

Journeyman

I think that Sprint have their own tricks... 

Error Code 1233

System error code 1233 means "The network location cannot be reached.

Journeyman

Hi Irivas333,

You probably have resolved this issue by now, since it has been several months since your original post; however, I wanted to let you and anyone else receiving this error code know that I was having this same issue with my HTC Evo 4G phone and found a solution... Here are the steps that worked for me: 1) turn off the phone, 2) Remove the Battery, 3) Remove the SIM card, 4) Reinsert the battery, 5) Reinsert the SIM card, 6) Turn on phone and run the updates in this order - Profile and then PRL. Now my phone works better than it ever has.

Journeyman

Hi - I also am receiving this error when I try to do system updates.  BTW - this post is specific to the HTC EVO 4G LTE - which I don't believe that you can remove the back to expose the battery???  I've had my phone for over a year and this just started happening.  The symptoms are that the internet is VERY slow....I don't have insurance on the phone and would like to resolve myself if at all possible.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Journeyman

Ditto for me as well...HTC says to take it into the Store and Have them Run a Diagnostic on it...I have yet to be able to do this as the store by me is Not the Best in Following Appointment times...I will be waiting tommarow and will tell you how I got along...

Journeyman

What about phone that you can not take the battery out. I have the HTC ONE

Master

Scott164,

Great question! Just turn your phone off for at least 3 minutes and then attempt to update your data profile. This will do the same as a battery pull. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care 

Journeyman

We have the same problem on two HTC EVO phones in our office. Both give this error message on all phone updates (PRL, firmware, etc.). We have done factory resets, and then the updates work briefly. After a few days, we get the error message and cannot update. Shutting the phone off for three-plus minutes does not help. I assume some app we have installed is causing the problem, but I have no idea which one. We need several apps to use these for our business.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.